New HSD2 show at Movieworld this week

Saw the show this morning. Overall I was reasonably impressed with it all. It is a definite improvement from what was there. But I don't think it was quite as good as the original HWSD. The interaction with the crowd was great. Before the show started they had some of the cameras going over the crowd. They even had a kiss cam going a few times. I think it would be good if they had one of the police officers who are in the show, are within the crowd, keeping them entertained even more. Daffy also made an appearance in the crowd. The set was also a good improvent, but still isn't perfect. The explosion timing was also not perfect. 

Yeah I totally reckon they should at least bring the Police Academy "traffic control" dude with the whistle back. He was hilarious and great pre-show entertainment! 

I recall all them having an Undertaker comedy character at the Maverick show as well (probably the same dude) who used to pre-entertain the crowd in a similar manner.

These additions alone were great value and just as worthwhile to attend for as the actual shows.  

I agree with the magician. 

Vast improvement on the most recent show. Even the waiting time before the show was made fun. 

My only real criticisms are:

1. Stunts are frankly unimpressive. 

2. I overheard a child ask "where did all the fire come from?", and I was thinking the same thing! At least at the end when we watched the results on the big screen, the explanation became a bit clearer. The same child said "so that's where the fire came from"! Again, I thought likewise. 

As I said though, it's a big improvement, and a very enjoyable show once again. 

I think they way the explosion occurs is fine, but it's not that obvious. You see the hem pump tilt and a bit of fire occur, but the most people are concentrating on the cars, so cars cross the line and then suddenly there is an explosion. If they detailed the explosion, or made the fuel pump tilt's fire bigger then that would be good. 

That at police officer from polic academy is exactly what I was thinking, but maybe if they had a megaphone, the they could control the people to their seats better as well as making funny comments when the camera is on them 

• 2 weeks later...