milesandbos

Last minute changes to maintenance schedules (MW)?

7 posts in this topic

Hey guys, 

We're heading to MW tomorrow so I checked out the maintenance schedule last week to check the rides we were most interested in weren't closed. 

I swear (as in I'm 99.9% sure) that the only main ride that would be closed was the Superman coaster. Jumped online tonight and all of a sudden AA is closed as well, and JL and the DD would be closed from the 28th (these weren't published last time either to the best of my knowledge). 

Is it common for maintenance schedules to be added 'last minute' so to speak? Obviously I'd rather a ride be closed for maintenance than unsafe, but I always thought they tried to give you at least a month's notice if not more. 

Originally AA was scheduled to be in a months time, but was brought forward a couple of weeks ago.

JL certainly is a new one and wasn’t supposed to be for a couple of months.

DD was also brought a couple of months ahead, but that was changed a few weeks ago too 

its really annoying when scheduled maintenance is brought forward, but its usually because daily inspection found an issue which needs to be addressed sooner. they try to give as much notice as possible - but even a ride planned to be open can be closed on the day if maintenance is not happy with its operating condition.

Thanks guys!

That makes sense. I was just surprised to see the last minute changes. 

Went today and it was good. Green Lantern wasn't operating but Superman came back early which was good.