Sign in to follow this  
Nightshifter

Could T.O.T become the tallest coaster again?

12 posts in this topic

well after looking through google i found an article containing info about superman the escape being made with an extra 50 feet and a different launch system, they are also thinking of making the tower of terror exactly the same. here is the script. Back to the ongoing speculation surrounding Six Flags Magic Mountain's troubled marquee attraction, here's a rumor so wild, it's beyond Whopperific: SFMM is talking to Intamin about fixing Superman. They want to convert it to a Rocket launch and add 50 Feet to the tower to make it the tallest ride again! It would use the same cars but lose the LSMS. They would call it Superman Reborn. If it works Intamin would start selling more reverse freefalls but with the hydrualic launch. They would also like to change Dreamworlds Tower of terror this way too. I'm no engineer, but I'd imagine that doing something so radical would cost as much as a complete tear-down/rebuild.

Having never seen it, I'm guessing ThrillRide's Wild Rumors section. This sort of thing would be so ridiculously expensive and require so many huge changes to the ride that it's not funny. Adding fifty feet of track, and the subsequent speed to make that height would push G-forces from beyond 4.5Gs up towards around 6Gs or more. I know it's garbage, but it says SFMM are talking to Intamin about it. Then it throws out of nowhere that Dreamworld would do the same. Where's that come from? Our ride runs with a high level of reliability, and there'd be absolutely no reason for such changes.

Not a chance. There's nothing wrong with ToT, so why would DW want to change it? Also DW doesn't care that much about bragging rights, so why would they spend the millions of $ required to make the ride just that little bit better? Not a chance.

Yeah,and besides,how would Dreamworld make a good add campaign out of that?"TOT,new and improved"!That would sound pretty crap.It would be good to have a 6g coaster though,that would be cool.ToT is the worlds 3rd fastest and tallest coaster,and has the world's second amount of drop,that's something we can be proud of when it comes to coasters in Australia.Not to mention we beat the Americans at it.Ha,Ha!