Sign in to follow this  
Guest newzealander

Rainbow's End Theme Park

22 posts in this topic

Guest newzealander

Has anyone else been to this park? I can't say it's good even though I live 20 minutes from. The last update was and Intamin Freefall Tower which is only about 50m tall and not thrilling. The rollercoaster (coca-cola corkscrew) is exactely, down to the details, like Sea World Corkscrew but not as well managed. It also has the fill ins (go karts, pirate ship, motion simulator) In fact it's a lot like Wonderland and I hope it has the same fate. :DWebsite

Guest newzealander

They hardly open that anymore they even took the discription off their site cause nobody liked waiting in the courtyard for like 20 minutes. They tried to increase it's popularity by putting on a laZer show which was in fact just a Real Player quality video of beams of light. Aussieworld's better then it.

Guest newzealander

I can't say i've been to Aussie World, I have just seen a big bar and a Ferris Wheel

Guest newzealander

I'll get some photos next time I go. I hope they'll offer a year pass, look at the rates they are huge!

The rollercoaster (coca-cola corkscrew) is exactely, down to the details, like Sea World Corkscrew but not as well managed.
There are two other coasters... Goldrush and Dragon's Flight. Gold Rush: gold.jpggoldrush.jpg

Guest rainbowsendguy

Dragon's Flight is a kiddy coaster which goes at about 0.3kph. and goldrush is well themed, better then EMR

So is the park popular? Does it get busy? Considering it is the only theme park in New Zealand I would imagine it would. People tend to flock to an attraction if it's the only one of its kind in the area, seemingly regardless of quality

Guest WBMWrocks

I went there when I was in Auckland last year. It was sorta busy but the longest queue was about 40min for Goldrush. That's a cool ride.

We went on a Sunday and the place was empty. The only thing that had a "real" wait was Goldrush of about 5 minutes. The CCCC had no wait whatsoever, so we got about 15 rides in about an hour.

Don't you get bored and/or sick after 15 rides on the same ride? Even when I was your age Slick a maximum of 2-3 repeat rides on my favourites was all I could handle... and 3 was definitely rare

Guest WBMWrocks

The only thing that's weird is that if you hold a conference there they have this outdoor mexican themd place, the Goldrush goes straight over it and you can easily see down I went there when I was in Auckland last year. It was sorta busy but the longest queue was about 40min for Goldrush. That's a cool ride. I'm sorry not 40m but 4m. I had 20 rides on CCCC before anyone else joined the queue. The crew suck, once I had to get out my seat to make sure they locked my OTSR (which are PAINFUL). Goldrush is a pretty cool ride and the queue's nice and cool (as in cold)

Hey NZ, do you have any decent pics of the park? I have only seen the photos on RE's website, and they are niether big or good.
Was just reading through heaps of forums and saw your post. Seeing as i live less than 10 minutes from Rainbow's End, I figured I may as well put in my 2 cents. :) I created a video back in February of a visit there, it shows several of the rides, including on-ride shots, lol. Link to the Video (11MB) Enjoy.

What happened to the other NZ guys? I've noticed that there's a couple of banned ones. Not to go too off topic, just wondering why they "bit the dust" so to say.