How would you rebuild Dreamworld?

Vidgamer

On 19/08/2022 at 2:09 PM, Naazon said:

I've said this so many times. Australia needs a flying coaster. If you add a legitimate world first to it (be it an exciting element or height), or make it incredibly themed (hahahahaha) it would draw in the international crowd. MW has a slam dunk here as I see comments from internationals wanting to visit Rivals but there isn't much else for their draw.

I've not seen similar comments about ST, likely as its a clone with a swing launch, and swing launches are really hit/miss.

That a rambling enough?

Is it really worth going for the international crowds though? Are you talking about the international GP, or international thoosies?

I mean FLY fits all of the above (highly themed, worlds first, amazing looking) and I doubt Phantasialand gets much traction outside of Germany and the neighbouring parts of the Netherlands.

And I'm literally the target market for that ride, and I want to ride it, but I wont get there immediately.

Re steel taipan, I dont think members of the public really get into the nuances of swing launches, or even have an opinion on them since they are uncommon still.

To be honest, theres no rhyme or reason to it. Eg in content farm videos that end up your feed you get POVs of random B&Ms with a caption "Would you ride this" but I doubt it translates to people booking tickets to these parks, or even being able to find it on a map.

5 minutes ago, Gazza said:

Is it really worth going for the international crowds though? Are you talking about the international GP, or international thoosies?

I mean, it's been said before - apparently if you want the international market, you should build a Koala research centre.

6 minutes ago, Gazza said:

in content farm videos that end up your feed you get POVs of random B&Ms with a caption "Would you ride this" but I doubt it translates to people booking tickets to these parks, or even being able to find it on a map.

100% this. I'm not enthusicyclopedic. I don't follow non-local parks that closely until its time to book a holiday so when I see something overseas, unless it made headlines for some reason, I don't know where it is, or what its called, and a lot of the content farm channels don't say it, so I then have to spend time googling or reading the comments to find out.

Ironically the worst offender for this is TPR - because they know what it is, you're an idiot if you don't know, and if you ask, prepare to be flamed.