New Wet'n'Wild for Sunshine Coast

Richard

Yeah, because Wonderland Sydney sure proved that the key to financial success is mediocrity in all areas. It'll be interesting to see how WVTP play this new park. Specifically, whether they plan on making it totally complimentary to the Gold Coast park, where attractions are different or they make it just a second of the same thing (with new attractions debuting simultaneously at both), making wide-scale marketing simpler and using the new catchment area to their advantage. Obviously, Wet'n'Wild's target audience is the local market rather than interstate/tourism, so the less-developed tourism market on the Sunshine Coast shouldn't play a significant factor in the park's attendance, so I can see it doing pretty well early on.

Richard I have never and will never say that the Wonderland way of doing things was the right way. However it is not financially viable for a park in Australia to get a new ride every year, have 5 staff per ride, have Disney level themeing, etc etc. There is a chasm between the Wonderland way of doing things and the R-C forum member’s way of doing things and neither are suitable. "The Bus is now leaving for Chasm Gap Creek, NSW"

What slides at WnW are not AWL? I am yet to see ANY waterslide in this country that isn't built by AWL... From what I've seen AWL have another prototype up on their site, my guess is this is planned for WnW at some point. I think we are in real need of a Master Blaster, a toilet bowl and a tornado slide here...

well something has to go off the tower where mammoth falls is. 1 it would be a waste to have the dual loading system up there if there was only one ride, 2 they need it for capacity reasons on that tower, 3 they have already said they are going to add a new mammoth attraction when falls goes to seaworld....

One thing to keep in mind, they are spending $20 million, TWENTY MILLION! You could do a ton with that money, a super 8 type racing slide costs just $2 million. I would imagine the new water playground might cost a million or so, but i have got a feeling there is going to be a ton of fibreglass turning up at WnwW, maybe the eqivalent of 10 super 8 slides if they spend it all that way.

• 10 months later...

An entire year has passed since information first surfaced about Warner Village's plans to build a ‘Wet ‘n’ Wild’ style theme park on the Sunshine Coast. I haven’t heard a single thing about this suggested development since it was announced. Does anyone know if it's still going ahead?

Put it this way, talk about Paradise Country & Outback Spectacular started in about 1997. Just because they've announced that they want to build a Sunny Coast Wet 'n' Wild doesn't mean its going to happen this year/decade. Even though the timeline suggested finalising the design by now with construction due to start soon for a 2007/8 opening, don't expect anything to be happening quickly. I seem to recall plans for a Singapore Seaworld which is still on the drawing boards too.