Sign in to follow this  
HussRainbow

Roller Coaster Tycoon 3: Soaked

40 posts in this topic

Here is a screenshot of the expansion pack. I am looking forward to it, but I wonder what sought of customisability the water parks have. Looking at the pool and the curves it has and everything else, I doubt the game would let you individually customise the shape of the pool and then fill it with water. It looks like something that you choose the shape of and then place just like a ride, see that the path that runs past the poolside doesn't allow access to the pool. I am guessing that guests have to queue and go through a special entrance just like a ride to get into the pool, so that there is a limit on the number swimming all at once. Either way, it still looks like it is the much needed expansion pack that this game needs, especially considering most theme parks have water park components to them. The other thing they need to deal with in this expansion pack is the lag issue. It is bad enough in any decent sized parks in the game at the moment, let alone even more scenery to use and different rides, as well as running water and the like. So the lag issue is the most important thing to fix if this game is going to be a good expansion.

I think before they release an expansion they should fix the bugs that they have not yet fixed. The patch did nothing to help the queue problem and if no-one queues for your rides, then what's the fun of playing it?

I was just checking out the Gamespot website and noticed that they had added RCT3: Soaked to their database. On this, they have an interview with someone from Frontier and they have five new screenshots of the game. Screenshots show an underwater view of a dolphin or something swimming around, another showing waterfalls and the addition of a ride like the Claw at Dreamworld, as well as a few others. The screenshots can be found at: http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/roller...ex_6118055.html And the interview at: http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/roller...ew_6118055.html

I was fortunate enough to get into the beta testing team for this expansion pack. All you had to do was register on the Atari site, and then if your selected you get an email with all the info on it etc. I'm pretty excited about it. Interested to know if anyone else got in aswell?? Screammachine

Not sure, the last email we received was that of the confirmation being on the Beta testing team. Its about time they use people from the RCT community on the beta team. NOt sure when we'l receive our first copy to test. Thgey said thei'l keep us posted... Screammahince

Hey Supersimpsons. Have you downloaded the two newest patches for RCT3D yet??? It fixes all of the que problems.... Screammachine
Hey, are there new patches for RCT now? I've been there recently and there was only the first one available. Is there another site you get them from? Thanks for your help!