34 members have voted

1. 1. Scooby Doo Coaster - Have your say

• my favourite ride in Australia.
    • my favourite ride.
    • an above average ride
    • an average ride.
    • not very entertaining.

27 posts in this topic

Something is really wrong with that poll, seven people have voted 'above average' yet it only has a count of three, and no one has selected 'average' yet it has a count of four.

Another "how good is it/which is better" thread
Haha, good point Clint but I don't need someone to tell me that Scooby Doo is the best ride in Australia! I already know that... Just seeing what others think. And I'm pretty disapointed with you Clint, you havn't even voted.

...is it just me, or does every third thread Adam create have something to do with Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster? Please take no offense Adam, but you're focusing on that ride quite a lot here on R-C. :confused: Also, there's no option for "Haven't been on it...yet!" :D

Hey Glubbo, It's not just you mate, the whole reason for me joining Roller-coaster.com.au was to find out more about how Scooby works. And I'm not done yet. I am slowly trying to turn every discussion towards Scooby. So you haven't been on Australia's best ride yet... next time your on the coast you should check it out.

Hmm I thought it was a bit average. Too broken up, lacked cohesion. I thought the reverse drop was fine but then we came to that standstill again and waited for the turntable to turn so we could do the rest of the coaster, which um, wasn't much. Thankfully there were som decent lats, but that's about it. Not a smidge of air, and really tame bunnies. The best part was actually the ride up until the elevator.

It is fun but as pazzap said it isn't that amazing. It would be my favourite in Aus if it was like a more a conventional coaster, with some inversions and some speed. I want some thrills in a coaster :)

Yeah but still....hmmm. Well as you said having Superman will be good, that along with LW and WWF should make the park better for thrill nuts....pity we make up such a small part of visitors.

As one of Australia’s very few steel wild mouse roller coasters I think they have done a great job with varying track effects and a good balance between corners, dips, and drops. It really comes down to a matter of personal preference but I think a wild mouse style ride in an indoor environment with excellent themeing has proven to be very popular. What does everyone think of Dreamworld’s equivalent – Eureka Mountain Mine Ride?

Eureka is better in the intensity factor, but then SDSC has the backwards drop. SDSC has great theming, but then so does Eureka (well I prefer EMR style of theming). They are both smooth, with some airtime along the way, and both have somthing apart from the ride(props, lighting effects) so I'm not sure. The only big thing that one has over the other is that SDSC is longer, so I suppose it's better.

Scooby has state-of-the-art special effects with animatronics, music, smoke and lasers. What effects are on Eureka? I can't remember them being as good as on Scooby. I like western themeing as well (especially Wild West Falls), but I still think Scooby has better themeing and ride experience - from what I can remember anyway. Come on... there must be other people who have been on both these rides?

Scooby has state-of-the-art special effects with animatronics, music, smoke and lasers. What effects are on Eureka? I can't remember them being as good as on Scooby.
Of course, if Eureka had of been built in the last 4-8 years, we could have made this comparison. As Eureka is so much older, we can't really compare Laser and other special effects. When it came out, the effects it did have were great... "Look out, she's gonna blow!" (BOOM! as you turned away.)
I like western themeing as well (especially Wild West Falls), but I still think Scooby has better themeing and ride experience - from what I can remember anyway. Come on... there must be other people who have been on both these rides?
It's like comparing WWF to the DW Log Ride. There's been too long between them to compare them well. If both Parks release the same ride type with a few years of each other, then I'd enjoy a healthy debate. But with so many years between Eureka/Scooby, I can't really see a good comparison. I'm not anti-scooby, I haven't been on it as I mentioned earlier.
Hmm I thought it was a bit average. Too broken up, lacked cohesion. I thought the reverse drop was fine but then we came to that standstill again and waited for the turntable to turn so we could do the rest of the coaster, which um, wasn't much. Thankfully there were som decent lats, but that's about it. Not a smidge of air, and really tame bunnies. The best part was actually the ride up until the elevator.
A valid point, most probably. I've heard enough to consider the lack of vertical movement in the "typical wild mouse", which I will do right after I've been it.