Questions about Luna park Sydney

REGIE

I might finally get to check out Big Dipper 3 in the coming weeks. But I was wondering since I don’t want to be at the park All day, just a few hours. Is there a pay per ride option? I remember there used to be. Or a morning option or something like that?

Also I know everyone must be so sick of school holiday related questions but how are wait times at LPS during the hoildays? BD3 doesn’t exactly look to have a good throughput.   

if there’s any other tips or things you guys know I would love to hear about it! .  

24 minutes ago, REGIE said:

Is there a pay per ride option?

IIRC there is still one.

24 minutes ago, REGIE said:

Also I know everyone must be so sick of school holiday related questions but how are wait times at LPS during the hoildays?

Not sure but I would guess around less than Movie World etc.

Unfortunately you will miss out on the wild mouse as it has been closed for 8 months. You can still check out the Boomerang, Little Nipper and of course BDIII.

Edited by TBoy

To my knowledge, the pay-per-ride option was still not on offer. A day ticket was $75 at the booth, and considering the portfolio of attractions, that's quite pricey. Of course, you get a discounted rate buying online in advance.

2 hours ago, Park Addict 93 said:

They do have a twilight ticket offer

I'd say this is a good offer and, if it were me, I'd consider going for that. Three hours may sound short, but it's more than enough time to do all of the major attractions a couple of times each.

My friends and I visited in January during the longer trade period (10:00 pm close). We arrived at the park in the early evening (around 5-6). It was quite busy all night, though perhaps not as busy as during the day. We had time to do multiple rides on Big Dipper and Sledgehammer, plus all the supporting attractions, kill half an hour in Coney Island, sit down to have dinner, play a couple of the midway games etc. We felt we got our days' worth in around four hours.

I can't imagine the Easter holidays would be much busier than January, but the queue times based on my evening visit were maybe a 20-minute wait at most. Sledgehammer has a longer ride cycle and more complex operations, so it had the biggest wait. Big Dipper's queue actually tends to move a lot faster, especially as the ops are pretty efficient and were cycling people on and off quite quickly.

Alright yeah it sucks there’s no pay per ride option anymore I was half banking on that. It probably wouldn’t have been much better of a deal I guess after a few rides on B, BD3, the wave swinger (which will actually be my first one I used to avoid them). and sledgehammer .  I might be able to do the twilight package though.   The day ticket would feel a better deal if the wild mouse was open but I knew I would be missing it.   I don’t mind paying, but The hard thing is persuading the group I will be with, that it’s worth it.   

• Like 1

Lunapark pricing is so cooked. $44 for 3 hours? The same price for the entire day if you decide you wanted to go to Luna Park 3 weeks in the future?

Still the only park (that I'm aware of) on the globe that has a ticketing pricing structure like this. I go past the park daily but haven't been on the new rides... but I have been on Guardians + Iron Gwazi ....

• Like 1

Well I only got about 3 hours anyway to check out LPS unfortunately .The prices are fair enough I guess.. 🤷🏼‍♂️ it wouldn’t take long to spend that money on dinky rides at a carnival.  Last one I went too it was $8 for 1 cycle on what ever ride you picked.  Which was like bumber cars, chair swing and one of those old scrabblers.  And I guess $44 only gets you like 2 backwards rides on Leviathan ( this “ranting” is mostly just me trying to justify the price to myself ) But still for a park like LPS it should have Pay per ride and a ristband for people who got the day pass.  Because who actually spends a whole day a LPS? Maybe when the mouse is open but still.   I wish Twilight tickets were $20-$30. 

but anyway. If I do end up going I am actually pretty pumped.  It will basically be my first thrill coaster I have done outside of the Gold Coast. And I hear great things about the drop tower .

6 hours ago, Dean Barnett said:

The same price for the entire day if you decide you wanted to go to Luna Park 3 weeks in the future?

The timing is not great but I got a Window so I might as well take it.    There’s no other website or place you can get tickets cheaper is there?  I know there used to be some deals for the Gold Coast parks out side of what the parks offered if you did some other stuff.

That would be great! Especially since I am going on a Tuesday anyway.

On the 28th the day pass costs $44 but the twilight 3hr pass also costs $44 on that day 🤷🏼‍♂️ why have it on the cheaper days if you’re not going to lower the price!     

Edited by REGIE

11 hours ago, REGIE said:

That would be great! Especially since I am going on a Tuesday anyway.

On the 28th the day pass costs $44 but the twilight 3hr pass also costs $44 on that day 🤷🏼‍♂️ why have it on the cheaper days if you’re not going to lower the price!     

Because its not aimed at people booking weeks ahead. It's aiming for those planing days or hours ahead.

If wild mouse was open I would be fine to pay. Not many parks have 2, basically 1 or a kind roller coasters (yes I know it wouldn’t be forever. More hot racers will sell).  But oh well what can you do 🤷🏼‍♂️

btw what is the best of the sea life parks?