What do YOU want in replacement of the Thunderbolt?

Yeah, if Dreamworld didn't already have the best eye candy from the highway I might agree with you there about the ferris wheel, but Cyclone, Tower of Terror, Giant Drop, Wipeout and even the Claw have kinda killed your argument there. Dreamworld is the one park that really doesn't need anymore eye candy, and could even go for something that is completly invisible from the highway. I do agree with one point though, if any park on the Gold Coast gets a woodie, I think Dreamworld would be both the most likley and best suited park to recieve one. I don't think I'd like to see it on the thunderbolt site (more towards the middle of the park/near Rocky Hollow would be a better spot IMHO)

If they built a ferris wheel as a major attraction, I don't see it making people who live in the other states want to fly up here to experience it, whereas, if they built a "first of its kind in Australia" roller coaster, I'm positive it would bring many more interstate tourists/vistors to Dreamworld. It would be a cheaper trip to fly up to Brisbane/Gold Coast to experience, for example, the first Flyer coaster in Australia, rather than traval to the USA to experience one. Dreamworld really does need something to compete with Superman though. Hopefully they will retaliate soon.

It would be a cheaper trip to fly up to Brisbane/Gold Coast to experience, for example, the first Flyer coaster in Australia, rather than traval to the USA to experience one.
I know very little about rollercoasters but I would love to ride a fly coaster, would be great if dreamworld did get one of those but arent they expensive? Not keen on the ferris wheel idea, specially since you can go to the show or luna park and ride one. I wouldnt mind seeing some sort of coaster that they have in the us, something that takes your breath away when you first look at, something that doesnt take 3 seconds to ride and isnt one of those launch thing's that go straight up and back down again over the other side..like that dragster at Ceder Point, has to have a few loops, twists, weightless feeling...you know what I mean?

A ferris wheel wouldn't be particularly fun, but it would be great advertising for the park, so long as you could see it from the road. But as Joz mentioned DW already has very eye-catching rides so it doesn't need a ferris wheel for that purpose. Flying coasters are expensinve from what I've seen, as is pretty much anything from B&M, and we don't want one from Vekoma so I think a floorless or standup would be a good substitute.

Something along the lines of "X" would've been an excellent addition to Dreamworld, but Arrow only ever made the prototype "4th dimension" roller coaster at SFMM. SFMM have had numerous difficulties with "X" due to it being a completely new ride design, and from what I've heard, Arrow are no longer manufacturing rides due to their ineffiecient management being able to create positive cash flows. I think everyone on here agrees that Dreamworld needs a "first of its kind" roller coaster in Australia. Hopefully we will hear of their plans soon and lets hope it has something to do with B&M.

Flying coasters are expensinve from what I've seen, as is pretty much anything from B&M, and we don't want one from Vekoma so I think a floorless or standup would be a good substitute.
I'm not sure if I would enjoy a standup, would give jelly legs a new meaning :rolleyes: What's wrong with Vekoma?

I dont know about a ferris wheel, It would either have to be a really big observation wheel or a "coaster wheel" like the one at DCA for it to draw people. The 4D concept isnt entirley dead, they could always just build an Intamin Ball coaster. But in terms of a coaster, id like to see a floorless or an inverted coaster. I would like a flyer, but their capacity and reliability is questionable. BTW on the topic of flyers, one is being built in China: http://www.rcdb.com/ig3141.htm?picture=1

The rides are practically twins? Both are rough and inverted, but that's where the similarities end.
Well as I have stated I dont know much about coasters but they both do the same thing, they both are inverted, they both are rough as guts, they both go up a hill into a drop [though reptar isnt as big as lethal its still a drop], both load times are slow, the ride operators wait until the train has returned before they let people through the gate [where you line up] so than you have to wait extra few mins while they do that..pretty much the same on those perspectives but I'm sure by your comment that they arent the same in terms of technical stuff but I know nothing about that so I wont say anything about that. Also note Scott I said practically not definate or anything.

• 3 weeks later...

I think definitely another roller coaster needs to replace the Thunderbolt.. The thunderbolt was the icon of the park and the cyclone ride to me is not its replacement, it doesnt compare to the fun of the TB. I think the cyclone ride was mediocre.. I enjoyed the TB much more.. So I think the cyclone needs to stay as a secondary coaster and the park needs a new icon.. Being that Dreamworld is the one theme park on the coast which is more about rides and now mostly thrill rides at that, the replacement needs to be another thrill ride.. I think a ride like the Top Thrill Dragster at cedar point would put the park on the map.. It would be a first for Australia and certainly looks like a nice thrill ride... There are two now in the states that I know of, another at six flags magic mountain so looks like a popular ride choice for theme parks to install.. If not this ride then another sugesstion would be to have a fast, loopy coaster similar to the TB.. I still think it outdid the cyclone By the way.. I remember reading long ago about a huge expansion for Dreamworld including hotel and other stuff.. Cant see any posts here about it anyone know any more about when and what??

I think a ride like the Top Thrill Dragster at cedar point would put the park on the map.. It would be a first for Australia and certainly looks like a nice thrill ride...
It's funny you say that because Movie World are currently constructing one of these rides. The ride is being themed to 'Superman' and opening in December of this year.

I think a ride like the Top Thrill Dragster at cedar point would put the park on the map.. It would be a first for Australia and certainly looks like a nice thrill ride...
It's funny you say that because Movie World are currently constructing one of these rides. The ride is being themed to 'Superman' and opening in December of this year.

Magic Mountain also doesnt have a TTD clone type ride. What SFMM has is an exact clone of TOT a ride which dreamworld aready has. Given the fact DW still has one of the tallest coasters in the world it would be pretty silly to go and top that in your own park.