Dreamworld Updated Park Map - 2023

themagician

How often do they update their park map? Cause it seems like a weird choice to do so now, especially with it showcasing the updated Giant Drop, but depicting everything else in their transitionary/outdated states ('Escape Coaster' name & colours, which is scheduled to begin it's maintenance/retheme before new GD opens, 'Dreamworld Dodgems' name, 'Dreamworld Ball Pit' name, 'Serpent Slayer' name w/ Pandamonium colour scheme, no 'Dreamworld Flyer' label/art, no labelling for the Twilight Trail, etc.)

Edited by Tricoart

1 hour ago, Cactus_Matt said:

Restaurant confirmed gone? Also big lol at how they drew Gold Coaster.

The building is still there, but it hasn’t operated as a restaurant since Covid, maybe even a year or two before that. And the Gold Coaster/Hot Wheels/Cyclone has always been drawn like that 

15 minutes ago, REGIE said:

Really is sad. One day it will be grand again if they continue at this rate

Before the refurb they had 23 attractions, which will soon decrease to 20 (counting shows (permanent) and not counting animals + WWW)

Attractions going:

• Dronkeys
  • Gingy's Glider
  • Puss in Boots Sword Swing
  • BIP Maze
  • Dorothy's Tea Cup Ride
  • Big Red Boat

Attractions coming:

• Jungle Rush
  • Big Red Planes
  • Big Red Coaster

Compare that to Movie World which will have 23 attractions by 2024 (WoO counted as 3 coasters/SurfRider also counted) to DW's 20. For the first time MW will have more than DW.

40 minutes ago, Tricoart said:

no labelling for the Twilight Trail

They don’t actually show the aviary, Tasmanian Devils or Twilight Trail illustrated on the map. The older maps from a couple years ago were the same illustrated style, so they could easily copy and paste it over to the new one. 

To fill out the listing a bit more they could split it up into the areas/lands like they used to and include food outlets and stores. Because some people may look at this map and think the park doesn’t have as much as it used to.

Edited by themagician

6 minutes ago, themagician said:

They don’t actually show the aviary, Tasmanian Devils or Twilight Trail illustrated on the map. The older maps from a couple years ago were the same illustrated style, so they could easily copy and paste it over to the new one. 

To fill out the listing a bit more they could split it up into the areas/lands like they used to and include food outlets and stores. Because some people may look at this map and think the park doesn’t have as much as it used to.

My guess is, because the aviary is still technically under renovation, and the Devils/Twilight Trail are only accessible through said aviary, they just haven’t added it. But it’s weird to see them just leave it out, alongside all the other temporary/already outdated changes that they’ve made to the map.

14 minutes ago, TBoy said:

Attractions coming:

• Jungle Rush
  • Big Red Planes
  • Big Red Coaster

+ Dreamworld Flyer and the splash pad.

I don’t really think it is necessarily a bad thing though. They really are transforming the park while fixing past managements poor decisions. Sure it’s a lesser ride count but atleast it will now be quality over quantity, and they’ve already stated they have more plans for the next 5 years or so. It’s really nice seeing our parks get so much care and investment as of lately.

• Like 3

Yes just before Covid Dreamworld made it clear they were aiming for a smaller park but one that had a bit more kinetic energy, it seems they are pushing towards this. I always look at Movieworld as a much smaller park but looking at attraction count it is unbelievable to think Movieworld is about to eclipse Dreamworld. That is a concern.

I vaguely remember before TRR the park maps had about '40' things to do, so it's quite a change.

EDIT: Found the map

chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://www.dreamworld.com.au/media/sc1jilq3/dw-july-2020-eng-park-map.pdf

This is a much better style I think, it makes it seem like there is more.

Edited by Vidgamer

6 minutes ago, Vidgamer said:

one that had a bit more kinetic energy

And attractions like Dreamworld Flyer will do exactly that. Second to Jungle Rush, the Dreamworld Flyer is the attraction is what I’m most excited for out of all the announcements they made. It’s going to transform the front of the park. And when they open the doors to the park they should just have it testing, so it adds energy as soon as you walk in. The jet stunt show they had in the fountain over the summer added so much energy to the front of the park it was fantastic to see. And while I’ll miss the fountain for the nostalgia of it, I’d much rather this attraction. I’m just hoping they blow us away with the presentation of it, so it blends in with its environment.

• Love it! 1

44 minutes ago, TBoy said:

Before the refurb they had 23 attractions, which will soon decrease to 20 (counting shows (permanent) and not counting animals + WWW)

Attractions going:

• Dronkeys
  • Gingy's Glider
  • Puss in Boots Sword Swing
  • BIP Maze
  • Dorothy's Tea Cup Ride
  • Big Red Boat

Attractions coming:

• Jungle Rush
  • Big Red Planes
  • Big Red Coaster

Compare that to Movie World which will have 23 attractions by 2024 (WoO counted as 3 coasters/SurfRider also counted) to DW's 20. For the first time MW will have more than DW.

Yeah but they have a 5+ year plan so we don’t know what’s coming then. But I do hope they realise being Australia’s largest theme park is their only edge on movieworld. 

Edited by REGIE

10 minutes ago, themagician said:

when they open the doors to the park they should just have it testing, so it adds energy as soon as you walk in

I remember Bounty's Revenge used to do that - test cycle right at like 9:58am or so so everyone lined up waiting for the gates to open was watching it. it was a nice shot flying over the top of the entrance gates

• Love it! 2

27 minutes ago, themagician said:

And when they open the doors to the park they should just have it testing, so it adds energy as soon as you walk in

😍😍😍

Yes yes yes. It is going to bring a great vibe to the park TBH, being the first thing you see when you enter. It is the equivalent of SE at Movie World being behind the entrance or the castle at Disneyland/Disneyworld.