Go Karts Set to Close at Funfields

themagician

I noticed on the Funfields park map that it states that the Go Karts are set to close in Feburary 2024. My assumption is they are being closed permantley and we could see new attractions built here in the future. However, do the go karts usually close earlier or maybe they are doing some work to them? 

Capture.JPG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, themagician said:

I noticed on the Funfields park map that it states that the Go Karts are set to close in Feburary 2024. My assumption is they are being closed permantley and we could see new attractions built here in the future. However, do the go karts usually close earlier or maybe they are doing some work to them? 

Capture.JPG

My assumption is that if they are announcing this on their map, then for mine the Go karts are gone for good. They certainly do occupy a decent parcel of land and whilst I do not expect a coaster announcement, it would be great for this park to install a new themed area with 2-3 new family thrill flat rides. This park needs to balance out its dry attraction offerings and this would go a long way in addressing that.

8 hours ago, themagician said:

I noticed on the Funfields park map that it states that the Go Karts are set to close in Feburary 2024.

If true, hopefully something better than them can replace it. When I went in Feb this year they were running very slow as they were speed controlled. I would be happy if a flat or two replace it, the more thrilling the better.

Also looks like the golfing has been quietly removed and replaced by a picnic area.

Edited by TBoy

I believe in an interview or article (might have been on ParkChat), Funfields indicated that there focus was more on water slides. They indicated that when the weather isn't nice in Victoria, people don't go outside, but when it is nice (and hot) they mostly ride the water slides, so to meet that demand from their guests, that's where they put their focus.

• 3 months later...

On Friday Funfields announced through their social media channels that the official last operating day of the Thunderdome Go Karts will be today (Sunday 25th Feb 2024). There is approx. 20 operating days left for the 23/24 season. It'll be interesting to see how the crowds fare, without the go karts, during the Victoria labour day weekend and Easter school holidays.

Smart move by the park to retire an old, space-hogging, low-capacity attraction. And bring in 2x new timeless and family-friendly themepark/waterpark attractions, that will have a more flexible height/age restrictions than the go-karts (ultimately catering to a broader audience). Together, these new rides will should boost capacity significantly.

https://www.facebook.com/Funfields/posts/pfbid02ZBVb5UhRqsBrwCKZTmyikBzzvzBZingevhF72YgpTWSCxs5EPaAQ6qcg7mDbtixxl

Edited by WalleyWorld

• 1 month later...