Funfields Dec 2022 Review/Tour

Noll_57

Great report. We moved up to QLD about 4 years ago but visited Funfields as one of the last things we did as residents of Victoria. This was all before they built the wave pool and overhauled the kids areas. Even before this I found Funfields to be a neat, tidy park with a decent range of attractions. I do like the feel of theme parks that let people bring in food and just 'relax' for the day. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Noll_57 said:

I do feel like the addition of a coaster is very much needed to complete with Gumbya, though there is plenty of room for expansion, so hopefully this will come later. The water rides on offer are far superior to what Gumbya currently have though. So they easily have them beat in that regard IMHO. All in all, Funfields is definitely a must do park while visiting Victoria and is easily one of the best regional parks in the country! 

I agree, I would say Funfields has the best water slides while Gumbuya has the best land rides and animals. Unfortunately for Adventure Park they are alright but are the worst compared to the other two. Another good thing about Funfield's waterslides is that they have multiple towers while all of Gumbuya's slides share the same tower. I hope the latter will expand soon to have more waterslides (hopefully ProSlide ones). Either way, it is a close battle between Funfields and Gumbuya as Victoria's best theme park.

7 hours ago, TBoy said:

I agree, I would say Funfields has the best water slides while Gumbuya has the best land rides and animals. Unfortunately for Adventure Park they are alright but are the worst compared to the other two. Another good thing about Funfield's waterslides is that they have multiple towers while all of Gumbuya's slides share the same tower. I hope the latter will expand soon to have more waterslides (hopefully ProSlide ones). Either way, it is a close battle between Funfields and Gumbuya as Victoria's best theme park.

I’d say say both parks have a very different overall feel to them that goes beyond ride counts and attraction types. Gumbuya (which I just realized I misspelled in my original post) feels a bit more corporate and closer to a Gold Coast park, while Funfields seems a little more family oriented and has a unique charm to it. I think FF currently has the perfect balance of “family run action/adventure park” vibes while still having enough theming and a decent attraction line-up to be a legitimate theme park. Whereas GW is trying to emulate what’s happening on the Gold Coast. Not to say one is better than the other, but they’re both unique experiences.  

• Love it! 1

7 minutes ago, Park Addict 93 said:

Appreciate the trip report and all the photos, have yet to make it to Gumbuya or Funfields.

If you get to go to Melbourne one day you should try to get to both of them if you can. Maybe try to get to Adventure/Luna Park but if you could only pick two I would pick Gumbuya and Funfields.

On 01/01/2023 at 8:31 PM, Noll_57 said:

Gumbuya (which I just realized I misspelled in my original post) feels a bit more corporate and closer to a Gold Coast park, while Funfields seems a little more family oriented and has a unique charm to it. I think FF currently has the perfect balance of “family run action/adventure park” vibes while still having enough theming and a decent attraction line-up to be a legitimate theme park. Whereas GW is trying to emulate what’s happening on the Gold Coast.

Sorry for the late post:

If I was to compare the two parks to another Australian park, they would be two different ones. For Funfields, I would compare it to Jamberoo Action Park in NSW. The two parks both have the same family-owned feel with the toboggans, but great rides to go to. Meanwhile, I would compare Gumbuya World to Dreamworld. Yes the former is much smaller than the latter, but they both have the same feel of Waterslides, Rides and Animals.

1 hour ago, REGIE said:

Gumbuya has water slides?

Yes they do. If I am correct these are the manufacturers for each water ride:

• Boomerango (White Water West Boomerango)
  • Taipan (White Water West Rattler/Constrictor Fusion)
  • Red Belly Racer (ProSlide Rally Racer)
  • Tiger Snake Tango (ProSlide Custom TurboTwister)
  • Typhoon Island (White Water West RainFortress)
  • Surf's Up (White Water West Flowrider)
  • Lazy River (White Water West Wave River)
  • The Break (ProSlide Wave Pool)

Gumbuya went to WWW in Phase 1 and ProSlide in Phase 2. IIRC Funfields and White Water World only have White Water West for the water playground, Adventure Park only has them for a water playground/racing slide however Raging Waters and Wet N Wild have most of their slides with White Water West.

3 minutes ago, REGIE said:

Interesting I would love to see a polin water slide in Australia They do more themed slides. Also cool that SW swinging ship is still operating. Lots of good memories on that 

We have many Polin slides in Australia (Distributed via Swimplex)

-Outback Splash

4b90cb6207806d924bf1f6a5205b36ec.JPG

-Cockburn ARC

Cockburn ARC - Wikipedia

-Big Banana

Big Banana Fun Park prepares to open long-awaited waterpark expansion -  Australasian Leisure Management

-Fully 6 at Whitewater World

fc06c3b2d49a19034000d4bfcfa3c275.jpg

-Aquatopia Prariewood

Aquatopia Water Park | Attractions in Prairiewood, Sydney

And countless other quatic centers, eg Batemans bay, Adelaide Aquatic center, Craigeburn etc.

Bay Pavilions - Batemans Bay | VisitNSW.com

SA Aquatic & Leisure Centre in Oaklands Park, Adelaide, Australia | Sygic  Travel

Splash' Craigieburn Leisure & Aquatic Centre | ADCO Constructions | People  Who Build

• Like 3

On 3/1/2023 at 6:57 PM, TBoy said:

Sorry for the late post:

If I was to compare the two parks to another Australian park, they would be two different ones. For Funfields, I would compare it to Jamberoo Action Park in NSW. The two parks both have the same family-owned feel with the toboggans, but great rides to go to. Meanwhile, I would compare Gumbuya World to Dreamworld. Yes the former is much smaller than the latter, but they both have the same feel of Waterslides, Rides and Animals.

Funfields has a lot more theming than Jamberoo. I personally would put FF closer to Adventure World in Perth in terms of similarities. Even though FF doesn’t currently have a coaster, I’ve found that the two parks have a pretty similar feel overall. 

2 hours ago, Gazza said:

We have many Polin slides in Australia (Distributed via Swimplex)

How does the quality of Polin slides compare with other brands? Haven’t they had some QC issues recently?