Peppermint Park information/photos

Hello, I am trying to find information and photos on the late Peppermint Park in Port Macquarie. Info I'm after is: Past owners photos (anything will do) information of its history (when it was built, when it was closed, various transformation that it went through etc) ANY information will do If you could help me, I would be deeply appreciative of your help. thepinnyparlour AT hotmail.com Thank you,

I am still yet to dig out my 20 year old brochure stash but in it I can assure you I would have nearly every brochure from the park that existed. The park went through a couple of transitions, the biggest one when it became "THE NEW PEPERMINT PARK." I'm pretty sure all that changed was the addition of the skating rink and peddle karts, I'd have to ask my father to be sure. Mostly it stayed the same throughout most of its life with a few of the smaller attractions moving around a bit. It had a couple part-owners, one half of which I believe was the Spry Family who also had a good share (if not all of it) of Fantasy Glades just up the road. Two brothers in the family (Rod and Martin) also used to operate the Fanta-sea II Cruise boat and a Parasailing business in town as well. I believe their father ran Fantasy Glades. The other owners were couple who our family were very friendly with and used to always have a good chat with. I will get their names off of my father this evening as well as they are escaping me at present. I think it has been a good 5 years or so since I was last there. I was very sad to see the place go, was a very well fun, aesthetically pleasing and friendly run amusement park which added tremendous value to the area as a tourist destination.

I was there on the last day of operation. A very sad day indeed. You know those books you get in Resorts/ Hotels/ Motels which give you information about the town you are visiting in, gives you shopping centre info, local attraction info and all, I managed to get one of the ones for Fantasy Glades & Peppermint Park from Port Pacific Resort. Which is currently on my wall display cabinet. A damn fine place Port Pacific is. Problem was, there were all these posters everywhere, in shops and all for the place, however, the owner of the shop wanted to keep them. I was like, awwww.

I remember this place! Went there alot when my family & i went to our caravan in Port Maquaire. HaHaHaHa i remember those little peddle karts, you could go the "Advanced track" or the "Beginners track"! Also i rememeber those water slides, Quite crappy to tell the truth. :( Hmm think i've got a brochure some-where in my room. I'll find it soon! :)

Actualy I think you're wrong (everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I don't agree). The two terrain slides at PP were great, pretty decent slides plus none of that scaffold junk to support them. Much better than the flumes at WnW.

P-P-P Peppermint park It's four acres of fun It's cool and it's great and It's Port's number 1! :P Can't remember the second owners surname although the woman was definately Marleen and her husband may or may not have been Bob. Aparently the main difference between the 'old' and the "New Peppermint Park" was that the original park was more of a sports based park and even had a grass skiing hill. The new park was aimed at families with the addition of the Mini Golf course and all of those attractions. This all happened before my time (so you're talking early 80s) and the 2nd incarnation of the park was amazingly successful. With its demise which should never have been allowed by the council the town is pretty much destroyed as a tourist destination these days due solely to the complete lack of attractions present in the town.

Hello all, Many thanks for you sharing your information with me. If scans can be made and sent to me electronically that would be great. If my address and phone numbers are needed, I will supply them. I have a couple of leads, but truthfully, not that much. All of my emails to relevant tourist houses and council in PM has had zero response. It's the enthusiests like yourselves that are proving to be the most with information. To share with you a little about myself, I too am a PP fan. I lived just around the corner from it when I lived in PM for a short while. Most of my family is still in PM. I don't get there as much as I like. P.S. Has that arcade that used to be next to the old BOB Todd Holden car dealer gone yet? That was a favourite haunt of mine too. To tell you the truth PP had an pretty good arcade itself when I was a kid. Many thanks all.

Everyones comments has helped me remind me of some of the attractions. The images of the grass skiing that was next to the two terrain slides has flooded back, (totally forgotten that). They used to look like Bulldozer wheels with big, bright red tread. Also, what has fasinated me is the massive, nastiest vertical half-pipe, (70's style) skateboard ramp that WAS where the mini golf was. That ramp was absolutely deadly, deep hidious vert on it. I wonder when the mini-golf was constructed if they just filled it in or did they fully remove it. (It was dug into the ground, fully concrete half-pipe. Nasty)

• 1 month later...

WOW great thread. I have many memories from pp. And yes with my latest trip to port i was very surprised that fun and games (the arcade - most games 20cents) was still there! i remember a different song p p p pepermint park its the place that we love, the ducks in the late, the koalas above, p p p peppermint park, its so full of fun, its good and its safe and its ports number one. OR as the locals say.... p p p perpermint park its the place that we hate, the ducks are all dead, the koalas are fake - p p p peppermint park, its so full of crap, its bad and unsafe and its ports number 10 I also remember that you could easily block the slides and a VERY hard mini golf hole which was like a pyramid.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Hello, I am trying to find information and photos on the late Peppermint Park in Port Macquarie. Info I'm after is: Past owners photos (anything will do) information of its history (when it was built, when it was closed, various transformation that it went through etc) ANY information will do If you could help me, I would be deeply appreciative of your help. thepinnyparlour AT hotmail.com Thank you,
Crikeys that brings back some teenage memories !! :D I grew up in Port Macquarie in the early 80's. Peppermint Park was sort of a favourite of mine. Also used to hang out at the little pinnie parlour (Fun and Games) across from the Pub in town, that was the only pinball parlour in town until a larger one opened up further down the road near Short St (my parents used to have the Swiss Cake Shop in Short St)... Still used to prefer the little pinnie parlour, fav. games Cosmic Princess Pinball Machine, Space Invaders, Galaga and Pacman :) Edited by GoldCoast_ROG