Tornado Ride

clone_tk422

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The only thing they do is ruin the atmosphere. Its pitch black, and you cant tell where you're about to go, and then these holes pop up, and its like 'oh, we're going to turn left now'. They're not on every corner, but when you come up to a corner with them it kinda wrecks the whole point.

Hot and stuffy??? Its a WATERslide, as in you get wet! I doubt holes of that size (about the size of a pencil) would be effective in cooling down the tunnel anyway. But it is a good slide, better than Terror Canyon IMO, it would just be much much better if it didnt have the holes on some corners.

Edited by goliath

Well they're stuffy when there's no water in them. Especially when you've had the privillege of climbing up them backwards when the water is on and then they turn it off..... Has anyone heard of the Ballina Waterslide??? Say, I should get some pics and put it on here maybe! Back On Topic, they would have a reason for putting them there. Maybe it was something to do with construction?!

I think its just an attempt at a theme, they were called black hole back in Brazil (like all of the WnW parks over there), so its probably an attempt at themeing (eg black hole <-> stars) Slides dont really need vent holes to my knowledge, i mean there are those indoor waterparks in snowy places and the entire slide is out of the building so they cant have vent holes on them or heat would leak out which is bad since its hard keeping the whole place warm anyway. And even so, the vents could be made to not let light in (just have a sort of bend in it to keep light out) So yeah, im saying theming, though i do agree with what you are saying, i prefer a pure unadulterated dark run without lights. The waterslide at MSAC was like this for a while but they ended up drilling holes making it less dark.

• 3 weeks later...

I dont know if I am right about this but that is huge, look at that waste bin next to it. An average adult is just a bit higher than that. The fance with the barb wire looks really small but is taller than an adult or were you expecting like mega huge?

Today i received this email from warner bros. In September 2006, Wet’n’Wild Water World will continue the expansion of the impressive Extreme H2O Zone with the introduction of another giant slide, aptly named Tornado (Phase 3). Riders will begin their wild journey on this unique super-slide on a 25-metre high platform, then blasting down a 40-metre long tunnel into the middle of a storm. Here they’ll spin around the Tornado’s funnel in a four person clover-leaf tube splashing back and forth through the menacing, swirling water. The exciting experience will culminate as riders are sent hurtling through the eye of the storm to the calm waters below. Sorry there's no pics.

Well that shows the funnel standing on its end. The frame has now been tipped on its side and hoisted into its proper position and boy does it look impressive! I hope to have photos for you all in the next couple days. I'm sure this one is going to be a hit! There has also been a fairly constant stream of blue and orrange slide pieces making their way along the road behind Outback Spectacular from Sound Stage 7 to WnW.