MOVIEWORLD ANNUAL PASS $79

kennykoala

I don't think so, there was alot of people that got the passes just because they were so cheap; had they been dearer (normal price) they wouldn't have sold those passes. My friend got a pass just cause it's cheap and we were talking to the guy doing the photos that said they've had alot of people that have purchased it just because its cheap and they will come back to make good use out of it. I think the fact that MW can lower the price on more than one occasion, even extending it an extra 24(?) days says just how well they are doing with money. They don't need to up their prices even though they do have 3 new attractions, they don't need to hammer on with thier ads (like wnw), they can offer these cheap passes on more then one occasion for so long because they CAN afford it. Is it under selling if you can afford it? Well I don't know about you Gazza but a lot of people are struggling with money, debts, mortgages, bank loans etc that is what I meant by money is tight. We're (well some more than others) all doing everything we can to hang on to what cash we have so a saving here and there is good. There's some families who go to the parks that have saved up for 2 or more years just for 4 or 5 days and I can imagine the $79 pass deal was a god send if they wanted to get a pass. I myself got a new pass through the $79 deal because it was a few dollars cheaper then renewing and I forgot to renew my pass while I was on the gc so the web deal came in handy.

Sorry, you said "Australia is in a situation where money is tight" so I thought you meant from a macroeconomic perspective. I mean theres no doubt some people are doing it tough, but if you look at it from a wider perspective, things such as retail sales/consumer spending have been on fire lately (Hence the consecutive rate rises we have had) so Australia seems to be pretty loose with spending currently. But enough of the economics and back to the Annual passes.

I don't think so, there was alot of people that got the passes just because they were so cheap; had they been dearer (normal price) they wouldn't have sold those passes. My friend got a pass just cause it's cheap and we were talking to the guy doing the photos that said they've had alot of people that have purchased it just because its cheap and they will come back to make good use out of it. I think the fact that MW can lower the price on more than one occasion, even extending it an extra 24(?) days says just how well they are doing with money. They don't need to up their prices even though they do have 3 new attractions, they don't need to hammer on with thier ads (like wnw), they can offer these cheap passes on more then one occasion for so long because they CAN afford it. Is it under selling if you can afford it? Well I don't know about you Gazza but a lot of people are struggling with money, debts, mortgages, bank loans etc that is what I meant by money is tight. We're (well some more than others) all doing everything we can to hang on to what cash we have so a saving here and there is good. There's some families who go to the parks that have saved up for 2 or more years just for 4 or 5 days and I can imagine the $79 pass deal was a god send if they wanted to get a pass. I myself got a new pass through the $79 deal because it was a few dollars cheaper then renewing and I forgot to renew my pass while I was on the gc so the web deal came in handy.
My sister friend who lives in Brisbane is one of those peeps. She hardly visits the park infact i'm sure she only visits when my sister visits. So far on tv i've only seen WnW, WWW, DW & SW & of course the world pass. Havn't seen an ad for MW since SE.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Nah nah, don't apologise, there is no rule against bumping old threads if you are actually doing it for a good reason. Bumping is when you make a post just to get attention. But cheap again! How long could they maintain this for? I guess since they are heading into winter something like this could stimulate pass buying.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

the $99 deal was only for web purchases but go to any supermarket up here and you will get the same discount on the back of your receipt most are valid until August sometime... Just hope Dreamworld does something like this in the near future.... though having said that my friend turned up a few days after the web offer ended and said he was trying to book it on the net but it wouldn't work and they just gave it to him anyway .. I don't think they really are bothered either way...

Edited by billyb67