Recent Dreamworld marketing / social media

20 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

🤷‍♂️

IMG_3324.jpeg

I'm actually really impressed by that and loved it. I hope they print it on limited edition shirts and have some stupid contest to win them that also includes a free backwards seat ride. The rest I've just scrolled on by because you can do that.

If something is cringy and sucks or just boring just move on.

I don't post/comment loads here - but my two cents as a marketer (currently a Marketing Coordinator). I follow Dreamworld on IG and I have been LOVING their posts. Sure, it's a little cringe. But it's also fun and engaging, and it's making me laugh. And the point of social media marketing is to boost engagement and brand awareness. When I saw these posts, I immediately showed my husband! Far too many businesses these days are having very corporate looking social media profiles (especially IG) and that was never the point of these types of socials - I really enjoy seeing more businesses step out of the corporate box and have more fun, engaging content!

• Like 5

I'm not surprised you're into it.

48 minutes ago, Jessicajealousy said:

the point of social media marketing is to boost engagement and brand awareness

Common misconception in the marketing community. Marketing exists to serve the business (in this case by driving attendance), not just numbers for the sake of the marketers.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Jessicajealousy said:

I don't post/comment loads here - but my two cents as a marketer (currently a Marketing Coordinator). I follow Dreamworld on IG and I have been LOVING their posts. Sure, it's a little cringe. But it's also fun and engaging, and it's making me laugh. And the point of social media marketing is to boost engagement and brand awareness. When I saw these posts, I immediately showed my husband! Far too many businesses these days are having very corporate looking social media profiles (especially IG) and that was never the point of these types of socials - I really enjoy seeing more businesses step out of the corporate box and have more fun, engaging content!

Correct opinion.

There’s a reason why brands everywhere are doing what dreamworld is doing (Duolingo is an example I can think of that does it well). They are simply only trying to piggyback on a growing trend.

As I’ve said before engagement (comments & likes) on those reels and the kid drawing of taipan on IG are substantially higher than anything else they put out. So they are doing something right, whether you think it’s cringe or not is up to your judgement but the algorithm doesn’t lie.

1 hour ago, webslave said:

Common misconception in the marketing community. Marketing exists to serve the business (in this case by driving attendance), not just numbers for the sake of the marketers.

Yeah you are right but attendance is a product of brand awareness so she also has a point there.

13 hours ago, Baconjack said:

the algorithm doesn’t lie.

See, I have a real problem with that. There are plenty of long term YouTubers out there that bemoan the algorithm. They tell stories of YouTube unsubscribing people from their channels, and they talk about the content they want to make, but can't, because YouTube buries them if they don't hit the right buzzwords and click bait. 

YouTube has even recently been playing with alternating thumbnails, to test which thumbnail gets more clicks on it.

Many makers of serious content have chosen to abandon the Algorithm game, because it doesn't serve their message. They make the content they want to make and choose to communicate with their fans outside of the platform through their own websites or patreon.

The Algorithm does lie, because the algorithm serves the platform, not the content producer.

Edited by DaptoFunlandGuy