White Water Mountain

Original

I just drove past W'n'W, I looked at White Water Mountain and the two body slides that are facing the M1 have been completely removed and there was an excavater on the side of the mountain digging up dirt! What's going on! :blink: Does anyone know about this!!??!! If this is maintence, it is some pretty big maintence there doing!!!

Edited by Original

Woah, it's sounding pretty major if they are fully closing a ride for 3-4 months. I hope that they don't get rid of the WW mountain flumes though, despite the park having more sophisticated rides I still really like the flumes; confusing layouts, a nice tropical setting and plenty of sloshing around. I am sort of imagining that they will build the new slides above the old ones, there would be no reason why they couldn't.

I just noticed that we are discussing the same info above in 2 different posts at the moment... don't you hate when that happens? Anyway just in case anyone missed it there is further info in the thread 'WnW 2007 attration'. In particular Gazza you may want to read about what has happened to your flume slides...

ok I have some more news on the latest WW Mountain thing!! Ok!!! Just looking on the WnW site it looks as if the flumes aren't the only thing that the park will be closing untill September, But both Terror Canyon's. In fact the whole WW Mountain will be closed, now I don't know now, if Terror Canyon will be taken down, just like the flumes till September, which as the website staes the flumes and both terror Canyon's will be operating again in September!!! But yeah!!! So there you go the entire WW mountain will be shutdown!!!! There defiently must be something major going on here!!! Its gotta be something to do with the new slide, its really good to see this side of the park finally getting some much deserved attention, especially after H20 has recieved so much!!! It will be sought of split in half with H20 with the coaster and the older section with the new water slide!!! It will be interesting to see what goes on here in the next couple of weeks/months, also it sounds like a September opening so I imagine we could see the pieces arrive soon, especially if the site is already being prepared. Don't forget the half-pipe should also be going up soon with only also a couple of months to go. I'm sure people who bought passes will defiently have a reason to renew them now!!! P.S: I would also like to say that the WW Mountain flumes may have been boring, slow and annoying, maybe not the best thrill in the park, but you must remember when they were built, not only that but they still pull the crowds and are mainly a kids/family attraction! They are greatly themed I love then and I hope that they stay!!! Also Matilda is sitting at the back of the park you can see it on your way up to Terror Canyon, a sign did it was returning to a new relocation soon!!! I will be driving past WnW on my way to MW for Shrek the Third I will see what is going on then!!!

Edited by Original

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Guys I went to WNW a few days back and gosh it was COLD....... even though some of the slides were heated! They really need that fake grass on the brick floor as your feet are sooo sore when you go home! Oh well - The whole area where the flumes and terror cannon has been removed - they were demolishing the whole thing - i should have taken a pic There is a sign down the bottom of the twister, saying sorry for any inconvience, but there is a new ride opening here soon!

• 2 weeks later...