expansion

saberon

^They aren't though, if you check out this pic: http://www.parkz.com.au/forums/in...post&id=985 (care of Saberon) you can see the middle of the bowls have what is called a "corkscrew core" which allows rafts to safely slide out of the middle of the bowl. The body slide version is smaller, has narrower lead up tunnels, and above all just has a normal round hole cut in the middle which you just fall out of and into a swimming pool below.

But as far as the splash down like twister it is far safer compared to the pool
Hhey, I used to think the style of splash down that twister has was safe....until I discovered an gif showing that isn't the case...which I proudly set as my signature (see below) :P Edited by Gazza

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I reckon adding a roof to the Rip and some lighting effects would be great. Then the bowls would have some variety. There is a ride like that in the US called Disco H2O. The tower will look impressive when it has the five tube comming off it, but its going to be a bit of a trek from the splashdown/que area of the bowls to the top of the tower with the big tubes.

Edited by TommyDig

I found a recent press release on the Macquarie Leisure website which mentioned how WhiteWater World has been performing well ahead of expectations. They then said this: "To satisfy this demand a further A$5 million expansion to increase park capacity is underway and will provide a unique corporate and group entertainment venue catering for up to 1,000 people." So based on this does anyone think there is going to be more than just the function shed and bowl slides? I have a feeling there may be more to this function shed than meets the eye. An old contact of mine mentioned something a long time ago about a plan for a function area in the middle of a lazy river. Could this be next? Any thoughts?

But yeah, it's not a shed, just a shaded area. It is kind of like the tarp things at Wet'n'Wild where the SurfRider is going in. So that wouldn't have cost them a whole lot. As for the bowls, you would think they would cost roughly 2 million each. It is not like they are cheap. But I hate to say it, but there could be every chance that they were planned in advance to this, as a sort of short term development plan, rather than a last minute, 'oh we need to expand' plan.

I'm glad to hear that the 'shed' is going to be more like a shaded area. Hopefully this means there is actually more money for proper attractions. I think the cannon bowls would be probably be less than $2 million each. From memory I think the Behemoth Bowl was only around the $1 mill mark and they haven't even had to build a new tower or pool for the new bowls. Will be interesting to see what happens anyway

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know what sort of theme the bowls are going to have? Surely it will be something to do with ToH? It looks like they changed the colour from what was originally planned too. I liked the old one better. I think they should be more matching. I haven't seen them from inside the park yet though. They might call them Huey's Current ie. Small Rip I'm not funny. ;) That function place is about as hot as my grandma. I would have thought they could build another slide tower there with some Plummets coming off them. Or even a Dark Mammoth. But it looks like they have opted for some big shed that I am officially going to crown "Waste of Space: The Ride". post-1275-1189859555_thumb.png

Oh, sorry, I thought you were talking about the slides having actual thematic elements (which I was talking about, none of the rides at WWW do). With the example you gave, BRO and The Green Room are beachy enough with their names....but SuperTubes Hydrocoaster :blink: I struggle to see what that has to do with the beach, I remember from the WWW website there being some contorted story that made no sense, about a river dredging project, but anyway moving on. IMO having a name related to a certain idea doesn't make a ride themed, It would be like saying Thunderbolt had a storm/severe weather theme because of it's name. But yeah, I can imagine a beachy, or at least a water related name, they would sort of have to since that is the way their marketing efforts go.