Rollercoaster13

Scooby-doo spooky coaster

82 posts in this topic

When they do daily checks on the cars, is it still possible that a screw or bolt could come undone on the car during a sharp turn or something and on the lift elevator part, its so synchronized and everything, if the synch had a fault, what would happen? EDIT: Video of scooby-doo done in night vision by a person called Deano in 2004.. i found this video off of a forum and uploaded to youtube.. link: http://youtube.com/watch?v=M-W_UfUFD3I

Edited by PixelPushed

Just a quick add on to that extraordinarily good explaination, as I don't think it was quite covered - the lift system is not "synchronised" as it is "connected". You would have an idea about how a normal lift works - lift car attached to a cable which goes up to the winch and then back down to a counterweight. In the case of scooby, the counterweight for the car going up is the car going down. there is one cable, and it is attached to both cars. they could never collide because it is impossible for the cars to be in a position where they could hit at the same time.

Gotta say, Superman7444's posts are giving brilliant insight into ride setup and maintenance - far above and beyond the speculation that I've seen in these forums. Keep up the good work Superman7444. :)

on the scooby doo coaster, why is it shut down nearly everyday, everyday i've been there, there is always a point in the day in which the attraction closed sign is put up? is this a ride problem or are they trying to get rid of the line without more people adding themselves?

Yeah, I agree with Gazza. Let's get some information for Superman Escape. I gotta ask something about Wild West, can you answer that? If so, here you go: At least three times I've gone on, and while going up the main lift, the lap-bar has come off. It's not just me, but also my friends. Why is this and what happens if it happens while we're on the drop?

I'll see what I can do about pics of SE, next time I'm on it I'll take some.
Wow, They're great. Any of Superman Escape? :)
Did you not read his post? Thanks for posting the pics superman they give great insight into the ride. :)

Wow very interesting pics. How exactly do you get into this type of job, is there a degree in engineering or anything you must complete or something like that?
Just an apprenticeship as a Fitter or Electrician will do it. The Gold Coast parks even offer apprenticeships I think.