Hot Wheels stunt show discussion

Richard

As much as I'd LOVE to see a new show, I'm really going to miss PA. It was one of the few shows where I laughed every time I saw it. And it's been a part of Movie World for so long now, It's going to be very hard to replace it.
Feeling exactly the same, I will make sure I see it again before its gone. Going to the last show would be special.

They are doing something special for it, not sure what tho, but Steve Peet has said alot of advertising into this so it must be big.My personal opinon is its later then 1st of may, but i might be wrong. Just the new show wont be intill late in the year, it would seem weird to go half a year without a show.

It will be special, my guess is it will be some sort of staff raffle for tickets plus they will quite possibly invite people back who have been a big part of it in the past years. Timing is about right +/- a few days so I guess we'll see the place go 'dark' for a good 6 months to build the new show. Just out of interest the new show will not be called Hot Wheels. I for one hope I can go to that last show, that thing is an institution and I will be very sad to see it go. The new show will have huge shoes to fill, lets hope its got some big feet.

i remember seeing that show for the first time when i was 5.... now 12 years on ive been up to the gold coast 10 times but unfortunately havent been since i was 14 or 15... thats all bout to change in exactly 16 days hahaha. but i remember every year going and looking forward to PA. as soon as you go in and the police guy with the whistle is there revving the crowd up you know your in for a bucket of laughs. no matter how many times ive seen it i could never grow tired of it. in some ways PA cant be replaced. it had the mix of stunts, comedy and importantly crowd involvement. as has been said there are big shoes to fill. i just hope that the new show involves just as much laughs and just as great stunts. also some of the driving in PA was awesome. to be able to control cars like that sideways in a confined area is somethin i say and it speaks wonders about the crew there... however nothing is gonna be able to replace the cop at the start with the whistle... i hope they actually move it to a bigger better arena. i doubt they could enclose it if its involving vehicles, in the unfortunate event of one of them blowing up, you dont wanna be in that building. if they keep it in the same spot it sorta seems tacky in a way to just cover over the top. tear down whats there and put up a new attraction. last time i was up there both looney tunes world and the wild west were lookin tacky. its been ages since a new themed area was opened up so i think that definately needs to be done. hopefully with the arrival of a new roller coaster or thrill ride this will be done.... fingers crossed...

well i really like PA when i went last i watched it a couple of times it was very good. but i am also interested in seeing what this new ride has in store and i can't wait for it to come out becuase we are not going back to Queensland until it comes out because my cousin wants to see that show. so i guess i will just have to wait until 2009.

I still have a photo album in the drawers somewhere from my first trip to MW. It was 1994, I was 12, and I was picked out of the audience as the child cop that goes out onto the tarmac. I was sat right next to Rodney (the "plant") and when Harris slams his baton on the rail, this guy did actually hit his head on the rail for real before he fell backwards. This guy was less conspicuous than he is these days (eg: not the same blue hawaiian shirt that he always wears now) I have a photo of me walking across the tarmac to the spot I had to stand on, and can still remember looking down at the two yellow painted footprints on the tarmac where I had to stand. It was a great show. I don't know about any copyright implications, But i'd love to see if anyone films the show before it closes... or better yet if MW start doing a purchaseable DVD like Universal Studios do in Hollywood, that too would be great to see.