Sign in to follow this  
dreamworld_rulz

Wooden coasters

35 posts in this topic

Here's a pic of the same ride, but with a full train of ACE members riding it at their Holiday World meet: post-88-1192784324_thumb.jpg But basically, the more drunk the layout looks, the better IMO, its rides like this that make me want a wooden coaster badly: powerparke90.jpg

Edited by Gazza

I don't think so. I've gotta say, Ghost Rider at Knott's is really fun. Did that before the Midwest Trip so there was nothing major for it to measure up with (although I did the woodies at SFMM before Knott's). Now while GR mightn't be the best, it definitely had the out-of-control factor in its favour. A few times my friend Evan and I thought we were going to die... :)p461.jpgp459.jpg

Edited by Tony Teulan

^I dont think that is much of a concern really. I think most wooden coasters look good. Consider also the fact modern wooden coaster manufacturers are all of high quality, so there is little risk of it not being done correctly. And anyway, as I have said before, If you are complaining about coasters being ugly, you are one step away from being a Luna Park or an Alton Towers local <_< .

haha, nah gold coast local. Its just like say if it was to be at movieworld it would need to be in the western area, i just can't see it being any where else in the park, it would stand out way to much anywhere else.

Edited by ShadowXL

Like all coasters, some are good, some are bad.. Classic racing pair coasters are fun. Coasters like Gwazi at busch gardens tampa just give me a headache with the shaking but you can get that one some poor steel coasters like corkscrew at Alton Towers.