Main Street In for a Change...

mattcrombie

Maybe the next step is enclosing all the WWF boats with perspex a-la-japanese style to make sure we don't get wet there either? Oh and yeah, a Freemont Street roof would rock... but the Scooby show is bad enough on the current video screen, let alone down an entire street :P

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There are some pros to the idea but there are also some cons. but i think that there are more cons than pros pros- coverage from rain Cons- will make it very hot underneath takes away the magic from the street and looks terrible but if they manged to scrape up enough cash to make it retractable i might not have to much of a problem with it.

this is just a guess but maybe from where the buildings start all the way around to the to the sqaure then maybe over the top of that until you reach wild west falls and the looney toon place that would be my best bet but i have no idea

Edited by 0mah

yeah that would make sense and in that case it would worry me to much because the only decent thing along there besides shops is shrek. it would really only be the shops under cover. and i dont really hang around them to often. Also if they did that and it began to rain would that cause a large crowd in that area making it nearly impossible to get from the entrance to the other side of the park? and there would be no way around you would have to push through all of the people.

Edited by 0mah

Well I suppose if they were to do a decent job, and put alot of thought into it, not only will it extend the lifespan of the facades on main street (less ware & tare), and the parade would still be able to run in the rain without minimal disruption. If they are doing this though, I am just hoping it runs from the first straight of Main street, and up as far as the intersection where the Kodak shop is (basically the end of the actual street) before you get to the central park feeling area.

I think this concept really could work. If like Spotty has hinted it is to make the space more available for events, artificial lighting could be added to ensure that Main Street ALWAYS looked at it's absolute best. I'd like to see it done in such a way that you don't notice there is a roof there (except when it's raining). Perhaps they could create a facade on the underside painted in such a way that it looks like clear skies with the sun shining brightly. Having the roof there also opens up another possibility, and that is filming. It would allow for a much greater experience of the All Star Parade, instead of relying purely on the steady-cam and the fixed camera, they could have multiple fixed cameras located down the street attached to the roof. And then, when we have themed events such as the Halloween event which I went to this year, they could produce far more immersive effects by having a roof there.

I personally think this would be a BAD move for Movie World. I personally think it looks really quite ugly, whereas Main Street looks really good in the day time. The lattice effect looks tacky in my opinion, I can see why Tokyo Disneyland had to do it (Monsoons etc.) But all we really get is rain, which is what an umbrella or the rain poncho's are for.
I agree with you spotty