Sign in to follow this  
Luke

Gold Coast parks in Feb

15 posts in this topic

I was just wondering what the GC parks are like in February? I'm thinking of making a short trip up to visit the parks and ride Green Lantern. I guess the point of travelling in feb is to beat the crowds :D are we talking walk-ons for even the big rides? Also, do the village themeparks still run rides on a rotational schedule...or open certain rides later in the day during this period?

February is probably the busiest non-school holiday period of the year. Just go during weekdays and you should be fine.

Argee With Bmull19

If I am 100% honest, I have always found that weekends are quieter and you can get more done. This was usually confirmed by staff when I saw the daily park attendance info for the week at 5 - 7 thousand and weekends at 3 - 4 thousand. I would dare say the VIP passes have altered this fact but this was pre passes.

If I am 100% honest, I have always found that weekends are quieter and you can get more done. This was usually confirmed by staff when I saw the daily park attendance info for the week at 5 - 7 thousand and weekends at 3 - 4 thousand. I would dare say the VIP passes have altered this fact but this was pre passes.

Vip Passes For Movie World , Sea World , Wet,n,Wild fisnhes 24 hours

It's a great time to go. Last Feb my kids rode the Road Runner Roller Coaster 7 times in a row without having to get out of their seat. I know it's not a big thrill ride, but it's an indication of how many people AREN'T there at that time of the year. You may get the odd storm in the arvo, but that's a good thing because it usually sends a lot of people home and the last hour you just smash the ride while no one is around.

Im planning to go like next week, which is probably a bad idea considering they just showed on the news how our theme parks have record numbers and the car parks are overflowing this time of year...

Thanks for the advice :) Well when I was up there in September before the school holidays, we went to Movieworld twice. Once on a weekday and once on a saturday (which was the start of the sept. school holidays). The Saturday seemed less crowded....we got more rides on everything and the coasters were running at full capacity. So i can definitely support your findings.

Well Im planning to go the monday after next, and my mum claims that it should calm down by then due to working parents having to go back to work. Hopefully shes right. Even if its packed, I can always come back since I have a pass.