New 4D Movie at Movieworld

Isn't the novelty that it's "4D"? Cheap moving seats and theatre effects are still awhile away from reaching lounge rooms.

I have a mini "4D Theatre" set up in my media room. I have a 51" 3D TV, a 7.1 Channel 3D Bluray surround sound system, Complete with a fog-machine, strobe lights, water mist jet, bubble/foam machine and vibrating seats. Edited by rac2703

I'm serious, It didn't cost that much at all. * 3D Tv about $900 * 3D Bluray Surround Sound $600 (when Clive Peters went into Liquidation) * Fog Machine $30 (From Aldi) * Strobe Lights $15 (From Dick Smiths). * Vibrating chairs (we got the couch reupholstered with Vibrating massage mats (from big w) under the material) * Entertaing Family and Friends... Priceless All the cords meet at a single powerboard and need to be set off manually during the movie. Though I would like to use a computer program later on to make this automatic (too much time and effort though) We obviously don't use it often and only set up the effects a few times a year for the kids to have a movie marathon with all their cousins over.

Edited by rac2703

I'm serious, It didn't cost that much at all. * Tv about $900 * 3D Bluray Surround Sound $600 (when Clive Peters went into Liquidation) * Fog Machine $30 (From Aldi) * Strobe Lights $15 (From Dick Smiths). * Vibrating chairs (we got the couch reupholstered with Vibrating massage mats (from big w) under the material) * Entertaing Family and Friends... Priceless All the cords meet at a single powerboard and need to be set off manually during the movie. Though I would like to use a computer program later on to make this automatic (too much time and effort though) We obviously don't use it often and only set up the effects a few times a year for the kids to have a movie marathon with all their cousins over.

This isn't all that unreasonable. Quick pricing now.... (ignoring quality, just picking products at random) TV - 55" LED LCD - $900 JB HI-FI Sound - BluRay $440 JB HI-FI Fog machine - ~$100 various sites Strobe lights - $25 DSE Any couch with one of these awesome things (I have a computer version for my chair) - Thanks to our lovely over the top prices - $800 All up you'd be looking at around $2500 which is a lot but considering what you get isn't too bad. Only thing to do would be program yourself something to control the fog and strobe for when you need it. Oh and find a movie that would make anything but the tv, sound and buttkicker worthwhile.

Yes, at the moment I have to manually set off each of the effects, which is a hassle and not that accurate. But I can't justify setting the computer program up for each movie, when we'll probably only do the whole 4D thing once per film. I'm looking into getting a Buttkicker though.

Edited by rac2703

I have a mini "4D Theatre" set up in my media room. I have a 51" 3D TV, a 7.1 Channel 3D Bluray surround sound system, Complete with a fog-machine, strobe lights, water mist jet, bubble/foam machine and vibrating seats.

How in hell would you use the fog-machine, strobe lights, water mist jet, bubble/foam machine and the vibrating seats when watching a 3D Bluray movie? Edited by kujotess

Easily, as I said in the other comments if you read them - They are all set to the one powerboard at one of the chairs, and I as I said I have to set each "effect" off manually by turning the power on or pressing the release button for the fog, as I want them. * Strobe Lights = Lightning, camera flashes etc. * Vibrating Seats = whenever the bass gets loud. (thunder, crashes, explosions) * Fog = onscreen smoke, clouds, etc. * Water = Splashes, etc. (Only very sparsely in a fine mist, as I don't want to soak a room full of electronics) * bubbles/foam = I've only used during the snowing scene in Narnia, and when the fairy god mother appears in Shrek 2. (the foam is too messy) As I said I don't do it very often and do it more for the kids enjoyment , not my own, so I don't get to focus on the movie as much as usual, but its great fun for the others watching.

Edited by rac2703

I've always thought that the ones they have played before Happy Feet 2 and Legends of The Guardians would fit great at Movie World if one was specially made and was a bit longer. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b3F9oucB_A&feature=my_liked_videos&list=LLSD0t3iMu7Y-0bFmZsKgw1g

Or they could just take the audio and do this...
I think it's good that they have been doing these little edits on the big screen, like the ones that were used in the Krazy Christmas show back at White Christmas. Although the Granny voice is TERRIBLE, it's still a good idea. I really like these shows in main street that appear throughout the day, even if it's quick and simple.

The audio used is the original recording made by Looney Tunes creator Mel Blanc back in 1950, it was recently put to that 3D CGI as an exclusive theatre short for the release of Happy Feet 2, and is an exclusive bonus on the Bluray version of the movie. I agree that it would be pretty cool to see these in Movie World, though they work with 3D, they don't exactly have anything fitting for a "4D" presentation.

Edited by rac2703

The audio used is the original recording made by Looney Tunes creator Mel Blanc back in 1950, it was recently put to that 3D CGI as an exclusive theatre short for the release of Happy Feet 2, and is an exclusive bonus on the Bluray version of the movie. I agree that it would be pretty cool to see these in Movie World, though they work with 3D, they don't exactly have anything fitting for a "4D" presentation.

Yeah I know and yeah I didn't really think about the '4D' side of it, more the 3D.