Wonderland leaves in style!

Nightshifter

I think all the casual staff should just get out now. Why help Wonderland? They've never really helped the staff out. Bad pay, bad conditions. The place deserves to close early and miss out on the holiday influx of cash. I have no respect for the owners or management. Who cares if a few families miss out on going... most families who hold wonderpasses have already visited almost every day anyway since they've heard the news of the closure. There's nothing special or new to see there for those that haven't been for a while... it's the same as it was 10 years ago (but now with even less themed areas, shows and rides). People are better to just hold onto their memories of when the place first opened

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I got an email from the Guest services manager letting me know that at this stage they are still planning/expect to be open until the 26th... I know they have the staff issues but its great that management are still trying to do their best to keep things running till the end.

alright ill give u the news i heard but i dont think it was correct. Ok! but i also heard from a different parson the same thing. A big finale, with fireworks, and spot lights and stuff like that. I dont see why you think that is wrong. I mean i would, for the last day whats wrong with celebrating the final day becasue it will be closed forever. It should be enjoyed one last time, and dont say wnything about money, because the place was sold for 52 million. As far as workers are concerned the park will still close on the 26th April. It has been confirmed everywhere. They wont close earlier.

Shift, Please tell me how you expect them to be able to stay open if they don't have the staff required to cover all the shifts. They're going to lose some very experienced ride operators to Luna Park over the next couple of weeks. What do you propose they do then? Covering the small rides isn't going to be the problem, it's covering the big arse buggers including Demon, Probe, Snowy, Bush Beast and Bounty's. I, as much as anyone would like Wonderland to see out their final days successfully, but it is going to be difficult without the staff. That's common sense old pal. How can you say it's been confirmed everywhere? That's rubbish. DJ Rappa recently said that he received an e-mail from Mr Travis, who again would not rule out an early closure. Show us something concrete Shifty. The workers have no idea if they're going to be open on said date. Management have refused to put a set date on it. They are hoping to be open until the 26th, but they realise it may not be possible. Putting a date on closure is impossible. What if tomorrow, they had 10 people from Attractions resign? What will they do then? How can they open? Please explain Shifty.

The park doesn't need to advertise. It is PACKED out every day... especially weekends. Similar to when it first opened I reckon. Even during the week it is still busy. So there is no need to spend money on advertising... you can't buy promotion like this. Lucky Malaysians. The thing that doesn't add up for me is that the park is getting busier and busier every day... yet it is still well over 6 weeks off closing... and more staff from every department are leaving all the time. See, it is an equation that doesn't add up. If the park gets busy you need more staff not less. In saying that, I do believe they are going to try and pull out everything they've got to keep the place open considering the response they are getting. I would imagine it is going to be a very hard task though. It will be interesting to see what happens

It has been confirmed everywhere. They wont close earlier.
So much for we can't predict anything Shifty.... You contradict yourself every time you speak. Stop killing those brain cells. As GoBoi, said they don't need to advertise their last days, they got a sh*tload of it by announcing their cessation. Of course people are going to go back for one last look. I know I won't be able to help myself. I wouldn't call staff number issues an assumption old son. I sincerely hope they see out their final days, but it will be absolutely impossible if too many more staff leave. Who do you propose to operate and supervise rides just for starters? Don't forget it's not just the Operations Division where staff are leaving. A bit of a hum dilly of a pickle they find themselves in. We just seem to be going around in circles after every time you post.

Daniel, what's happened? I thought you were perfect. You don't have a "count down", you have a "countdown". You "count down" a countdown of course. If you're going to apostrophise Krusty, the clown, then it should written as it would correctly appear. It's "Krusty the Klown", not "Krusty the Clown" I don't ask that people are perfect. I just ask that if you're going to go around correcting everyone's mistakes or make a fuss about typing skills that you yourself make sure yours are 100% perfect. Yes, you've made a point with certain members, but now it's just you being a nuisance. I'm not talking about your posts in this thread, it's just your posts in general. You're wasting everyone's time, but much more importantly, my resources.

Did I ever say I was perfect Dick? It's not a matter of typing skills Richard. It's a matter of laziness and stupidity. I have never asked for 100% accuracy. You know that. Bad day hey? It should read 'BE written as it would appear'. Poor slipup there old son. Clown or Klown in this case would both be acceptable. It's not exactly a word that's in the dictionary is it? As for your resources well, how can you be happy for Shifty to repeat himself over and over? I think the only person's time I'm wasting would be my own, not anyone elses, if there is in fact time wasting going on. Get down off your high horse.

Just owt of interest, when is the last day? hehe. I'm sorrie, I couldn't rezist. I think u mite have a bit of competision 4 the last ride Mr Chip Wrapper and Flea Rinse. Good luck 2 u howeva. Don't 4get it won't b the last ride thow, u can bet ur bottom dollar, maintinance will b there until the ride comes down and im shore starf will hav a crak b4 they leev afta the park clozes. Also, Richard, I'll put the old 'red pen' in the drawer for a while if it's what you really want. Bring on the anarchy! No corrections from me until we get to a point when you have realised how important they are. Until then, God bless you all. Peace has to be created, in order to be maintained. It is the product of Faith, Strength, Energy, Will, Sympathy, Justice, Imagination, and the triumph of principle. It will never be achieved by passivity and quietism. When we feel love and kindness toward others, it not only makes others feel loved and cared for, but it helps us also to develop inner happiness and peace. I do not want the peace that passeth understanding. I want the understanding which bringeth peace. Good night my friends.

Hey Guys! As I have read about Wonderland closing on the 26th, Hopefuly they can make it till then. I would love to see a "Big Bang" on their last day, and as I can only say that my fingers are crossed. Flea, yes the 26th is on a Monday but, it is also ANZAC Holiday Long Weekend, so I doubt that schools will be going back on a Monday. You see ANZAC Day is on a Sunday, so no one gets the day off, that is why they get the Monday off.

You're spot on the money old son. Hence them not scheduling the normally logical choice of Sunday being their last day. That will no doubt be a big day. (Both days I'm tipping.) Quite possibly mega crowds to be honest. I'll leave you with this thought, those who bring sunshine into the lives of others, cannot keep it from themselves.

well i got back from wonderland last night and boy was it fun. The river rampage was up to the bridge. i have never in my life queued that long in my life. The bush beast queue line was just infront of the bush beast sign at the front passign through the stairs, i waited an 1hr and 10 min for that. The demon passed the turnstiles wear u enter the demon manorjust near the top load of stairs. that was a 45min wait. Every normal ride whether it was a childrens ride to the dodgems to the endeavour and the great balloon escape fetched more than a 20-40min queue. The space probe went out through the tunnel near the waterfall. that was over an 1hr 20min long. And to my surprise the zodiac was a 30min wait going out past the queue line itself. And the pirate ship went out of the queue leaving 40min queues. It was very busy very packed, i loved it still, this what i rode in 5 hrs: space probe=1 demon=2 rampage=1 bush beast=1 pirate ship=1 zodiac=1 and thats it, it definately filled 5 hrs without having food breaks. If you are heading down to the park on saturday nights, be prepared to wit. To confirm a few things, from a survey of 10 staff, 9 said the demon is going to dreamworld, including the staff that operated the ride and the other thing is that the park may be having a big finale. Nothing is finale but the rumors are true. The staff didn't seem short actually. There was 2 staff on each ride, excluding the bush beast which only had 1 staff. The rest had more than 2 or 2 staff. The shop in the entrance sold hundreds of gifts last ngith, there was queue for that as well. I dont knoe why people would be something from wonderland with the logo, when the park is closing. But yeah and the prices didnt go down unfortunately. But gold rush closed at 8pm last night, also pushing all the poepl from down there into the main part of the park, extending longer queues on each ride an additional 20min you thought the queue were long before, but you ain't seen something like that yet. Lastly that was probably the best time i went to wonderland and enjoyed my second last time, it was too busy but it brought out the fun in everyone, it was nice to see that people do care. What annoyed me the most is that people in queues kept on thinking that it was all a publicity stunt and the park wouldn't close. i laughed but what can u do? Well thanks everyone thats the latest update here ill give u another one when i go on the last day!

Good to hear you had a good time despite the crowds! Was there 2 trains operating on Bush Beast? Everytime I've gone to Wonderland after the announcement of the closure, they've only been operating 1 train. It'll be interesting to hear wether or not they did, having over 11, 000 people come through the gates yesterday (10-5pm).

To confirm a few things, from a survey of 10 staff, 9 said the demon is going to dreamworld, including the staff that operated the ride
I doubt the staff would have been told about ride re-locations. Unless they heard a discussion during lunch, I don't think anyone from upper management would personally tell staff. If not, prove me wrong!
But gold rush closed at 8pm last night, also pushing all the poepl from down there into the main part of the park, extending longer queues on each ride an additional 20min
Lower Goldrush used to stay open till 10pm, riding Bush Beast at night pretty much gave you a guarenteed breakdown on the lift. I remember one night where it got stuck 5 times in a row - I was lucky enough to be on the 5th, and final, breakdown of the night. I believe this was caused by the sensors not working properly when night fell, much the same happened with SRR. Liam

I think you'll find that Bush Beast and Snowy have closed at 8:00 p.m. now for quite a few months due only to the light issue, or lack thereof. It is impossible to see a lot of the track of Bush Beast in the dark, as is the case at Snowy. Unfortunately the cameras are not nightvision and due to the inadequate lighting, too much of a safety concern. We had quite a few incidents of people jumping off at dock, often very hard to pick up when it's dark. Also, when I was there, Autos was exactly the same, 8:00 close. Bush Beast and Snowy still run during this time however.

there was only 1 train operating on the bush beast. and i forgot to mention that the space probe got stuck twice. Once at about 5pm and the onther at about 9pm The people were held up there for a good 20min then they were slowly released down. I don't know whats going on but all i told you is what i was told. the demon i think mgiht go to dreamworld but to confirm it i just wanted to hear from many of the staff. One of them seemed real keen that the demon was going to dreamworld. i didn't even ask he overheard a conversation i was having with a friend, saying that they will probably throw it in a scrap metal place then the ride operator on the demon said, it's going to dreamworld, then i said are you sure, and said positive. yeah the park really is starting to get buisier, so yeah, i have nothing else to comment on that. The river rampage used to have pipes in the water then they got ride of them, and now if you notice they are back in. This makes like a massive dip in the water and it works really well. The bush beast was really smooth for some reason, probab;y becasue i was in the direct front. But it seemed smoother and the trim brakes are weird, becasue you don't even stop it brakes not a lot but you used to stop then you go down and now you just go through thew second drop without having to brake. well gtg ciao