Movie World's White Christmas 2013

Hdutt2

Oh and I went to tonight's event and here's a review! First off the event started very poorly as it was very unorganized. There was a rope making sure people weren't go in through near the 4D cinema while people were waiting behind that rope people started to go to half of the other side of the Main Street e.g Harry Potter, Ben & Jerry's side making them get a early head-start.. I went and saw the Christmas Carols which was in the Show Stage (the map says its in the Hollywood Stunt Driver area) and to be honest with you it was okay.. You can't hear the children who were trying to sing (yeah that's people it was kids who performing) I was sitting in the middle of the area and I couldn't hear the first or the third song that they performed. did some rides then saw parade it was overcrowded was we wanted to go home we went through the photo shop and it was overcrowded kinda expecting that.. There was also a fight occurring two people swearing at each other. One of them started making threats that after the parade she would beat her up. We had a nightmare exiting the park as they was traffic jam and that's it. I would rate a (6.5/10)That's all folks! Oh and P.S Can someone tell me why WWF doesn't open during events like (FRIGHT NIGHTS AND WHITE CHRISTMAS) anymore?

1. Logistical nightmare at night in terms of rider safety. Lack of lighting, no ability for ops to see the boats in the outside areas between the first drop and lift hill. Someone could get out and no-one would know the difference. 2. Proximity to the park boundary and residential zones make screams after dark frowned upon in terms of noise restrictions. 3. Being so isolated up one end of the park, require extra staff/security to monitor a big area for the sake of one attraction As for my review of White Christmas. Last years parade was much better. Was a lot shorter this year with less floats. The grandstands are an eyesore. Really take away from it all (well the main st ones anyway). The snow effects were much better and consistent. Roving entertainers better. Would love to see it open a little later than 8:30 thought. Rides til 9 and park open til 10 maybe? We got in at 5:45, took the bub on the carousel, went on GL, SE, AA, watched the parade, went on SDSC and then park was closed

I'm pretty sure I said the same thing about last year's parade compared to the year before... but checking photos from both years I was wrong.

One tends to be more critical of recent events, whereas older memories are softer - seem to be less of an issue with them.

If Rappa says the parade is the same, it's the same.

I just miss the giant inflatables from a visual perspective... operating them was a different story haha. The parade was much the same as last years though, with a few minor changes. Personally I slightly preferred the one last year... having the elf's driving the speedy's taxi's down main street in their own little music number was very cute... just amazed they managed to make it all the way down the street and back before going flat! The lighting this year however, I feel as though it was stepped up a bit more. Can't quite place my finger on how or where... but it just felt that little bit better this time around.

We went last night taking our 18 month old son with us.

Overall a very good night, thoroughly enjoyed it, but it did have the feel of not being very well thought out from a guest perspective.

We had spent the whole day at the park and had asked Guest Services when we arrived what we would need to do come close time. Informed to head to the front of the park from about 4pm to get a wristband to stay in park. Headed to the front area where we had to exit the park, line up, and come back in... Why was there not somewhere set up inside the park for people who were already inside? They were letting everyone in through the stroller/wheelchair exit so this in itself presented a fun challenge.

Once back in went to the "designated" area for white christmas attendees. Was not too bad until you see security and staff not telling others wandering up the other side of main street to get in the area as someone else mentioned, getting forward of everyone who had done the right thing. They then started setting off the smoke from the grates, 2 of which were in the area we are waiting. My wife being asthmatic had to move away to prevent issues. Finally people got sick of the others sitting on benches and wandering around so pushed the rope away and started spilling out into main street where staff started telling them to get back into the area. General chaos ensued.

We stood and listened to the choir sing a few songs before being let up towards the top of main street around 5:45pm, where we were again packed in, as another guest stated "like cattle" for the snow angel. This wowed the crowd and must admit was nicely done.

They then opened the rest of the park where people immediately headed to the stunt arena for the carols while one "elf" was talking about the show stage. Had to as a staff member what it was about as could not hear it to be told that the carols were there instead.

Carols were good, however will agree you can't hear the choir over the music, and if you were using the words on screen to sing along, this was spoiled with characters and presenters standing in front of it throughout meaning you had difficulty singing along.

Left this and headed to the lighting event. The woman singing was, well, okay I guess, only during the slower parts of music, otherwise a cat in a washing machine would have done the same job... Don't get me wrong, she could sing, just not fast and in tune at the same time... Then without warning randomly during her singing everything lit up... Countdown would have gotten people involved more.

Took our son to go on the carousel... Safety issue waiting to happen. While it is operating it is all lit up... When it stops though almost all the lights go out making it very hard to see where you are walking, with little kids, maybe rethink lighting of the whole area as it was pretty dark.

The parade... Was a parade, not much else to say. Except nice to see that Santa gets to ride the float while poor Mrs Claus has to walk... Didn't know he was so sexist, but meh...

After the parade we headed back up main street for our son to dance and play in the area while we waited for most of the guests to clear out before attempting to leave. Left the park around 9:00pm and got straight out of the carpark.

Scores out of 10...

Lighting - 9. Would give 10 but need to give them room for improvement.

Immersion in "White Christmas" - 7. While main street was fantastic, the lack of lighting and general christmas in the WB kids area needs a lot of work for next year considering this is where the young kids and families would have been most of the night.

Staffing - 4. This was perhaps the second biggest let down for the night. Conflicting information from staff, lack of happy cheerful "christmas spirit". Sure you are working an evening shift and people aren't always listening, but at least have a smile.

The main let down was the rude and inconsiderate demeanour of the guests. But because this is not controllable by the park have otherwise ignored it for review of the evening.

Overall I would give the night a 8 out of 10, mainly because the main reason we went was for our son and his face was a smile all night so well worth going just for that. Definitely would not have paid for the evening so happy we got the VIP Gold passes this year.