Sign in to follow this  
Gazza

Cool Coaster Toy

8 posts in this topic

I found something I thought you guy might be interested in, See http://www.coasterdynamix.com It is a working model roller coaster kit that uses flexible connectable track segments, Extendable supports and a base system to hold it all together. The ride is a B&M inverter and It actually looks pretty life like. I really do want one but it has a price tag of around $650 so I may not be getting one in a hurry.

Slick - what's wrong with it being on CoasterBuzz earlier. Does that somehow detract from the topic? I frequent CoasterBuzz, it's one of my favourite coaster sites, and even posted in some of the topics and news items there regarding this model, but I really fail to see what CoasterBuzz's coverage has to do with this thread. willsy - Chris Brewer, the guy behind www.coasterworks.com builds custom designs which take months and months of work. Look at the prices he sells his models for - $4,000 and up. What CoasterDynamix have is a set which anyone can buy and set up in a seemingly limitless number of ways. It's like the K'Nex working coasters, only far more realistic. Compared to the $4,000 for one of Brewer's custom and detailed designs, this thing will set you back around $650 Australian.

Slick - what's wrong with it being on CoasterBuzz earlier. Does that somehow detract from the topic? I frequent CoasterBuzz, it's one of my favourite coaster sites, and even posted in some of the topics and news items there regarding this model, but I really fail to see what CoasterBuzz's coverage has to do with this thread.   willsy - Chris Brewer, the guy behind www.coasterworks.com builds custom designs which take months and months of work. Look at the prices he sells his models for - $4,000 and up.   What CoasterDynamix have is a set which anyone can buy and set up in a seemingly limitless number of ways. It's like the K'Nex working coasters, only far more realistic. Compared to the $4,000 for one of Brewer's custom and detailed designs, this thing will set you back around $650 Australian.
Yeah i know they cost that much, And the work that goes into them. But still for $650A i would wnt something that looks a little for realistic, eg. the support how and a station , just things like that , but it still looks ok, I take back my earlier comment^^^,