Adventure World 2015 - 'Mi2' Kraken Tornado slide

Tim Dasco

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adventure World's Facebook page has confirmed what Mark had told us about the covering of the lake. It looks like AW might get a little pushback on this. Whilst the lake and the Koi pond had seen better days, I think a lot of people enjoyed the ambience. They're also wondering where the Koi have gone.

With the Paddle boats lake and Koi pond area filed in I think eventually that area would make a great lazy river going all the way around the Castle island and they could put a few waterslides going into the lazy river. Like Underwater world in Singapore.

Screen Shot 2013-02-25 at 8.19.19 PM.png

They could even in the long term plan put something like a building that the river goes threw which could also house a theatre (For Dragons Kingdom show or something) or an indoor dark ride. If not feasible they could put a nicely themed flat ride or compact roller coaster there. But knowing adventure world there lazy river would look nice and not look like a concrete pool.

adventure-cove-water.jpg

And by having a lazy river they could attach one of these to the lazy river. This is at Adventure Cove water park in Singapore and is an obstacle course. People spent hours on these course doing it over and over again so this attraction could be built to sock up the people. Plus it was a fun thing to compete with the family.

Adventure Cove Waterpark 5.jpg

This rope was the best trying to climb  rope from inside a pool and get to the top to ring the bell.

maxresdefault.jpg

adventurecovesplashworks.jpg

These are just some ideas of things AW can do in the long run with that massive plot of land. Below I have drawn up my master long term plan of AW. I am really bored so I decided to have a play around and see what I can make in that area. I am currently making a complete re development plan for AW. Once its finished I will uploaded it here.

Edited by Tim Dasco

Good ideas, Tim. People are certainly suggesting a lazy river and building one around the filled in lake area would be a very smart move.

It also looks like Freefall has risen from the dead as it appears in the background of the latest photos Adventure World has posted.

Edited by iwerks

Ok my dream for AW to have a complete redevelopment is finished. The drawings are the best I could do on notability. So please forgive me on how it looks. Now this is my dream plan and if it was to be done would make AW the top theme park in Australia and put it on the global stage. This full redevelopment includes new maintenance area, 3 large flat rides, 4 smaller family rides and a few more kids rides, new entrances, pump rooms, gift shops, food areas, roller Coasters, lazy river and more. So here we go.

This is the overlap and I will break it down.

Screen Shot 2016-05-21 at 10.21.06 pm.png

So all of the orange lines are footpaths. Due to all of this new development the olds footpaths will need to be moved or adjusted. I am going to start from the bottom right and head up and back. This is the close up version of the bottom right.Screen Shot 2016-05-21 at 9.22.24 pm.png

The dark blue right in front of the go karts is a roller Coaster station as a new family coaster will be placed here. meaning that the Go Karts will be removed. There is a dark green area next to the Bounty revenge which will be the extend queue line. To the next of the dark blue you will see a pink area. This is where water pump buildings are and they will be extended to cater for the extra new addition coming in. To the next of the pink is a green area. This will be a water obstacle course as mention in previous post. You will notice there is a large yellow shaded area this will be for a few new water slides to be placed. This will meet and join into the lazy river (red). The red lazy river wraps around the old paddle boats and castle area however it extends a little larger than that. The blue area will be a building that will house and indoor part of a roller coaster and queue line. The black areas that extend past it are for where the coaster will extend with an outdoor area. This will be a thrill coaster. The brown spot is where a thrill flat ride will be. (other map it is white however brown on this one) The other white dot is for another flat ride. The large purple shape is going to be a building that will house food, retail and lockers. Meaning the other building can be demolished. The dark blue box over the old entrance is the shape and size of a new renovated entrance. The smaller purple areas are small food stores or merchandise stores. The massive grey areas are lawn areas for the guest to sit down and relax.

Back to the main image.

Screen Shot 2016-05-21 at 10.21.06 pm.png

Next to the park entrance (dark blue) there will be another purple area which will be a sit down restaurant. You will notice above it is a green area. This will be an extension to the old pump area for the kids water slides. That large brown area will be where kids water slides will be located. The black square is going where the old food outlets where. They will need to be empty as there will be new food outlets built (Purple next to entrance) and this will become a theatre. All the other white spots in dragons kingdom will be more family and kid dry rides. More grey areas will represent more lawn areas for the families visiting. To the to left of the image there is another brown area. This is for a rapids ride to be built. The light green next to it represents where the wildlife experience is. The dark purple at the back of the park is the new overflow carpark/staff carpark. Meaning behind Abyss will need to be another entrance.The two green areas behind the park are the new maintenance buildings as they old ones will become lawn areas as the old ones are very close to the parks and behind Abyss is a hidden area. The yellow area behind Abyss will become another water slide area due to the type of hill it sits on, and a new flat ride replacing the free fall eventually. Again there are more lawn areas (grey) and a few more food/retail outlets (purple).

This is only me being bored and having fun to see what AW might look like in 30 odd years. Sorry about the over complicated paragraphs and pictures. Hopefully this makes sense.

On ‎21‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 3:13 PM, iwerks said:

Hey everyone, it's that time of year again when Mark does the Vinnies' CEO Sleepout (June 23).  Be sure to donate in order to support a good cause.

https://www.ceosleepout.org.au/ceos/wa-ceos/mark-shaw/

Thank you IWERKS.  Its great to have your support on this!

On ‎21‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 9:42 PM, iwerks said:

Good ideas, Tim. People are certainly suggesting a lazy river and building one around the filled in lake area would be a very smart move.

It also looks like Freefall has risen from the dead as it appears in the background of the latest photos Adventure World has posted.

I can confirm testing on Freefall has been going very well (and it survied last night's storm!)  still some curve testing to do this week but fingers crossed she is back!

15 hours ago, iwerks said:

Thanks Mark, I hope the weather is not as bad as last nights'. 

It seems like we'll finally get that car park upgrade.  Good news, indeed.

http://www.communitynews.com.au/cockburn-gazette/news/adventure-world-carpark-to-get-massive-upgrade-after-agreeing-to-pay-costs/

Yes it is good news. Their cost assumptions to actually do the works will be off by around 100% though! :(

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 11:34 PM, iwerks said:

Mark has raised over $2000 so far.

I like what you wrote in your introduction. In more ways than one, I respect what you're doing. :)

Thanks Iwerks. Altogether now the tally is over $21,000 and so far this year $2500. If anyone else wishes to donate, even if its juts a few dollars, it all helps and is appreciated. Its pretty cold out there at night just now and Vinnies are able to use the money immediately. I also have some of my Exec team joining me this year and they have raised over $2k sperately.

6 minutes ago, iwerks said:

I doubt Pop lives in Perth or is a CEO. I'd hate to be sleeping out on a night like tonight - it's freezing in Perth.

I don't think the cold would be the main problem. I would say the rain would make it worse because once your cloths get wet they  will stay wet and might lead to you getting hypothermia. 

4 minutes ago, iwerks said:

Dear Pop. Please do not scare away the nice CEO.

A lot of schools also have sleepovers and donate to the cause - Tim may already have done so.

My school is actually doing a live beneath the line whee you live on $1 a day for 2 days to raise money. However I have just dropped out of school and moved into TAFE to be a Sparky. So I can't take part.

On 7 June 2016 at 2:19 PM, Mark Shaw said:

Thanks Iwerks. Altogether now the tally is over $21,000 and so far this year $2500. If anyone else wishes to donate, even if its juts a few dollars, it all helps and is appreciated. Its pretty cold out there at night just now and Vinnies are able to use the money immediately. I also have some of my Exec team joining me this year and they have raised over $2k sperately.

What Mark doesn't mention is that he's raised more than $7000 this year alone. An amazing job, Mark.

Here are the council details for AW's car park revamp - sounds like big dollars are going to be spent. That's a few million already this year. That's quite s bit for a non capex year.

It starts around pg 60.

http://www.cockburn.wa.gov.au/Meetings_and_Minutes/Minutes_and_Agendas/4043-ocm_mins_120516.pdf

Not a lot of activity around Adventure World at the moment.  The car park work has yet to commence.  Some of the go kart shells are being replaced or redecorated.  The filling in of the lake looks like it still has a way to go (although it is hard to tell) and the Koi pond looks untouched.  There is some activity in the Dragons Kingdom area around the wading pools.  It does make me wonder if we will see the Kids Tornado going in here soon.  There were also signs for truck drivers in this area.  The Freefall is currently standing at the back of the park, still in its original colours.

IMG_8814b.JPG

IMG_8750b.JPG

IMG_8761b.JPG

IMG_8743b.JPG

IMG_8766b.JPG

IMG_8782b.JPG

IMG_8789bb.JPG

IMG_8799b.JPG

IMG_8801b.JPG

IMG_8804b.JPG

IMG_8793b.JPG