Adventure World 2015 - 'Mi2' Kraken Tornado slide

Tim Dasco

The "oh crap we already have a ride called Abyss, now we've found this one and need a new name for it, so how about wet abyss"....... or "OCWAHARCANWFTOANANNFISHAWA" for short.

Wet Abyss.. is that the same as James Cameron's Abyss? Maybe AW could get him to do the introductory video for the queue line and they could position aliens at the end of the waterslide.

Apparently the dinos have landed - unfortunately the weather rained on their parade. Perth has suffered through a few storms in the last couple of days.

post-2597-0-72190500-1417079523_thumb.jp

post-2597-0-81343800-1417079536_thumb.jp

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew more auditions were coming up, but here's an advertisement for positions. I like how the photographers are counted as performers. Interesting that Kodak does their training.

I'm glad to hear that the costumed performers wear ice vests. You'd think with WAAPA(WA Academy of Performing Arts) in town, there would be lots of talent to choose from. Perth Actor's Collective is pretty good too.

http://www.seek.com.au/job/27715861

Edited by iwerks

All

our new brand TV commercial is live on our Facebook page showcasing our new brand look. Hope you all like.

Mark

Loved the new ads. Especially:

• The extra cool slow down/stop parts - notably the girl on The Black Widow. That camera must have some high frame rates.
  • The Shallow depth of field.
  • All the new attractions and landmarks.
  • The animated logo was a great surprise at the end.

Enjoying the night pictures of the dinosaurs on your Facebook Page too.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks. I wasn't initially going to check Dinosaur Island but now I'll check the signage, and maybe I'll take a photo of it.

Is Dinosaur Island an up charge attraction or is it not?

Also I cannot wait to see the new logo on the gates.

Edited by XxMrYoshixX

Iwerks I had a great day. I checked Dinosaur Island and the signage is there. I didn't have a look at the actual exhibit since this was seen from the Rail Rider- but there was mist around the entrance. Also for some reason Abyss is fairly rough at the front row (not Cyclone rough though), but turned out to be a fun ride. I'm going back to AW next Tuesday, and fingers crossed it will be nice like today.

Went to AW yesterday to have a squiz at Abyss (didn't get the opportunity to go last year). Haven't been for a few years so forgive me if some of these thoughts are outdated:

• Abyss is a great coaster, really enjoyed it, and very efficient queuing with the 4 cars. I also found the front row pretty rough - my head got bashed about a lot which didn't happen in the back row so subsequent rides were all in the back (which had a negligible queue).
  • The park is looking great - grass is green, the addition of the ring of astroturf under that big tree where the grass was always dead is a good call, repainted speed slides, repaired racer timers etc.
  • The retheming of Rampage & Power Surge/Black Widow is great - I didn't really think I was a "theme" person, but it does make a difference.
  • Does anyone know if the Rampage program changed? Maybe an extra spin on each run (four instead of three)? I found the G-forces a bit unpleasant (when combined with its uncomfortable restraints) which I don't remember from the past - but maybe it's just my age and the hangover I was sporting.
  • Staff interactions were great all through the day. I rated the staff member who was operating the Freefall in the arvo not having any time for a bunch of dudes (all of whom were considerably bigger than she was) being difficult and not following instructions, got them into line quicksmart.

Cheers for posting here Mark - I've lurked for a fair while and have enjoyed reading your posts. Hoping for a 4-seater Prosilde Tornado-style funnel ride for the new one - sure there are already a couple in Australia but they're great fun (and aren't crazy enough that they seem to scare away crowds like the Aqualoop).

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I guess some roughness on a coaster pulling the highest range of G-forces in Australia travelling at up to 85kmph is going to move you about a bit. I normally ride once a week minimum and usually go front row. I am mindful to keep my head back hard against the head rest so my neck isn't moving so much and I find it mostly fine.

I will ride it again today and see how she is.

Thanks for the Tornado suggestion. I agree they can be fun and a crowd pleaser. As can many slides and rides ;)

Merry Xmas everyone and thanks again for the feedback and for visiting the Park.

Mark

Welcome Duke of Whales.. great suggestions.

Congratulations Mark - that's unbelievable service. I've found Abyss has been a pretty smooth ride, on the whole. It does seem to vary with how crowded the train is and I think some smaller people can get thrown about by it. Needless to say. I will be down tomorrow to check it out and do some last minute Christmas shopping. I prefer the back row for the shorter queues and the fact that during inclement weather you don't get stung by the rain.

• Richard changed the title to Adventure World 2015 - \'Mi2\' Tornado slide