Adventure World 2015 - 'Mi2' Kraken Tornado slide

Tim Dasco

The area beneath Abyss looks heaps better, well done Mark

Apologies for the shitness of the photos, took them on my phone and the glare on the screen was pretty bad, couldnt really see what i was taking.

2dqo9eb.jpg11jlnk8.png24vl9cl.png20gjrl3.png156fv2t.pngilaxkj.png2lt0eb7.png1zxwpj8.png

Also - there seemed to be more posts and flags etc- today than i remembered for MI2

I didn't realise it went so far back towards the bush from shotgun (making it really wide)

this makes me think even moreso its a big bowl

it looks like it is going to be massive.

i didn't get any photos of the area as the phone was away and i was wet but it covers a huge chunk of area

2v3368j.jpg

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The flags go all the way to the grand prix raceway and that building there that originaly held the crazy mirrors. But I think the land Adventure World owns goes right back. When I was there yesterday it seems like the land they own goes right back and up that steep hill towards the side of the park. Maybe it will use the land for the building that is on top of the hill because it looks like it is getting removed or modified. Or possibly it is being modified to be the start of the ride?

was pretty busy today , more than i expected

i only went for the afternoon, got there at 3pm and people were starting to leave but the carpark was pretty full and people were parked on the kerbs and the road, basically everywhere which is a sign it was full today.

by 4pm the park was pretty clear and we didn't have to line up much for anything

my guess is this is their land (maybe not the carpark - could just be used with permission?) i think the overflow carpark to the south would be permission use only (maybe leased?)

144b21i.jpg

OK, i forgot i had access to RP Data

just looked up the land ownership

i was right, my plot above marked out on nearmap is pretty much spot on for adventure worlds main plot of land they own

i was also right the land south including the overflow carpark is separate lots... however !! adventure world own two of the lots south including the overflow carpark - they bought them both recently.

1 lot which is north lake road side - is 2.24ha bought by adventure world in 2010

second lot (overflow carpark) is 1.21ha and bought by adventure world in 2011

there is an annoying block of land though between the two of these owned by the state government (so the above two lots dont run seamlessly from north lake rd down to progress drive )

the main carpark itself shows as being owned by the state government

there is 3 lots of land behind the carpark and it looks like none are owned by adventure world. the one directly behind the carpark shows no ownership details - it is 2.61ha - then the land from there back to north lake road is 2 lots and they are both owned by perth waldorf school association.

phoenix road actually looks like it is slated to extend from north lake road down to progress drive along adventure worlds northern boundary.

so it would make no sense really for adventure world to own the phantom 2.61ha lot behind the 'state governments carpark' (which, for size comparison is 2.64ha)

gimme a couple of minutes - i'll mark it up

(the staff carpark falls within lot 5 - adventure worlds main plot of land)

ok here we go - excuse the crudeness but hopefully it gives an idea of what is in place.

i seperated the boundaries more than exist in real life to show segregation - obviously the boundaries of each lot touch each other in real life.

25us6le.jpg

1. Is the main carpark - it shows as being owned by the state government

2. Is the 'phantom lot' - no owner shown

3 and 4. are shown as being owned by perth waldorf school association

NOTE: the blue line with yellow PD at the end is the apparent slated extension of phoenix road from north lake to progress

5. Is adventure world.. yay awesome !!

I forgot 6 because i clearly can't count...

7. is the overflow carpark - shows as being owned by adventure world since 2011

8. Is owned by adventure world since 2010

the annoying gap in the middle between 7 and 8 is one large lot owned by the state government

hope this helps

Edited by grrofunger

laser corps signage is still there

Must of missed it.

On a side note. Who thinks it would be awesome if in a few years time when they have money to do another major attraction they build either a Sky flyer or Wind seeker where the Castle originally was. So it could add some nice height to that area and could have a nice view of the lake that surrounds the plot of land in the center. So like it will be on its own little Island giving a nice family ride with a great view of the park, the lake and possibly the city if they can get one thats high enough. Plus it could add to the Adventure World skyline and be a new trade mark symbol from far away.

It would also allow for some great lighting along the tower :)

Edited by Tim Dasco

Could well be space to expand in lot 8. That road expansion of Phoenix Road could really mess things up.

yeah i would hope they never extend that road through there. Apart from being shit for us AW heads - it seems totally unneccesary.

To give you an idea on expansion possibilities.

AW shows as being 14.8ha

8 is another 2.24ha and 7 is another 1.21ha

a total expansion possibility of 3.65ha or pretty much an additional 25% of the existing park

Yeah, I think they're getting ready for expansion of some kind. I think that yellow building near the staff car park enables them to have access to more power, something that was holding them back in the past.

Yeah, would still love to see a well-themed Gerstlauer family coaster going around the island or replacing the rail rider (or both). It would be great if they had a flume ride too.

What do u think of something like this? (To go around the Island)

http://www.zamperla.com/products/super-express/

or

http://www.intaminworldwide.com/amusement/RoundRides/Spinning+Star/tabid/141/ProductNumber/Spinning+Star/language/de-DE/Default.aspx

or even this?

http://www.zamperla.com/products/water-fight/

and if they did ever replace the rail rider. I forgot the name but there is an awesome suspended coster in Dubai that allows you to go around and squirt people while riding it.

Edited by Tim Dasco

What do u think of something like this? (To go around the Island)

http://www.zamperla.com/products/super-express/

or

http://www.intaminworldwide.com/amusement/RoundRides/Spinning+Star/tabid/141/ProductNumber/Spinning+Star/language/de-DE/Default.aspx

or even this?

http://www.zamperla.com/products/water-fight/

and if they did ever replace the rail rider. I forgot the name but there is an awesome suspended coster in Dubai that allows you to go around and squirt people while riding it.

You mean the Roller Soaker that used to be at Hershey Park?

• Richard changed the title to Adventure World 2015 - \'Mi2\' Tornado slide