Fright Night 2014

Zanstabar

I'd like to go, but it's difficult to find a window with sporting commitments. I'm also worried I might be a bit jaded because I do stuff like Halloween Horror Nights and Knott's Scary Farm every year (including late October this year).

Doing the Gold Coast Rugby Sevens and a couple of Fright Nights would be an awesome double.

MEDIA RELEASE

4th September 2014

Warner Bros. Movie World and Bethesda Softworks Join Forces to bring The Evil Within to life at Fright Nights

Australia’s premier Theme Park operator, Village Roadshow Theme Parks (VRTP), has entered into a creative partnership with Bethesda Softworks®, a ZeniMax® Media company, ahead of the highly anticipated release of The Evil Within, the new survival horror game from legendary director, Shinji Mikami and the talented team at Tango Gameworks.

The partnership will see Warner Bros. Movie World introduce The Evil Within to their signature night time event, ‘Fright Nights’, in a theme park first. Using The Evil Within as inspiration, a maze will be created that includes real-life characters from the game roaming around the pathways, and is sure to be a test of nerves for anyone brave enough to enter. Now in its sixth year ‘Fright Nights’ is an annual after dark event held at Movie World throughout October featuring nightmarish mazes, entertainment precincts and themed food and beverage options as well as the parks signature rides and attractions.

The Evil Within embodies the meaning of pure survival horror. Highly-crafted environments, horrifying anxiety, and an intricate story are combined to create an immersive world that will bring you to the height of tension. With limited resources at your disposal, you’ll fight for survival and experience profound fear in this perfect blend of horror and action.

Warner Bros. Movie World Brand Manager, Selena Lawson said the relationship will pave the way for the biggest and best ‘Fright Nights’ event yet. “With the introduction of The Evil Within, for the first time we can create a maze dedicated to bringing the gaming world to life,” she said. “We are ecstatic to be partnering with such a highly-acclaimed interactive entertainment software company.”

“We are excited to be working with this world class theme park operator,” said Simon Alty, Managing Director, ZeniMax Australia. “We can’t wait for people to both play the game and live the real-world experience this October.”

Movie World Fright Nights will be on selected nights during September and October. For more information visit frightnights.com.au or call 13 33 86

The Evil Within releases for Xbox One® and Xbox 360® video game and entertainment systems from Microsoft, PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment systems, and Windows PC on October 16, 2014. For more information on The Evil Within visit http://theevilwithin.com.

Do you think they would bring Hillbilly or Walking Dead again this year? I know they have said that there's going to be only 4 mazes this year and all of them are new. Do you think they would use the same maze locations from the previous years? Now on to my opinion on the two mazes.

The Ripper looks like it will get hyped up then be a disappointment which I hope it isn't I have high hopes for this one. It kinda looked like Watch Dogs when I first saw the picture before they announced the maze as The Ripper.

The Evil Within, I'm a gamer myself and I was really surprised that they would do a maze based on a video game. I preordered the game on the PS4. As for the maze design I would say it would be up to Universal's standards..

I wonder what maze they would announce next?

Your post confuses me.

You contradict yourself by asking if WD or HS mazes will return, and then repeat MW's confirmation that all 4 mazes will be new in the same paragraph. You would assume the same 4 locations will be used that have been used previous years (2x studio sound stages, western sound stage & Scooby queue house).

How do you come to the conclusion that The Ripper will be all hyped up, and then be disappointing, when all we know so far is the name and a picture of a street scene?? Not sure where you get Watch Dogs theme (set in a futuristic city & all about electronic gadgets and surveillance) from the picture of The Ripper teaser which showed a 17/1800's cobblestone street & lamp).

They have done a maze based on a video game previously - Batman Arkham Asylum back in 2011. I wouldn't get you heart set on universal level standards. No doubt it will be fantastically themed, but with Universal you're talking about the pinnacle of this type of event.

Edited by Brad2912

Comparing Fright Nights to Halloween Horror Nights is just unfair. If anything, I would say that it appears the MW offerings are more akin to Knotts Scary Farm or Howl-o-Scream, but that's only my opinion from viewing POVs, so feel free to correct me.

Now for my thoughts:

The Ripper looks like it would be good. If they give the same effort they gave for last years Walking Dead, this will be fantastic. I think it might lack in scares, however. Cannibal Clowns is also pretty much guaranteed as well. I don't have high hopes for this and I swear to god it better be in Scooby and not take up a decent location. Evil Within also looks like it could be fantastic. It would need to balance both the visuals and the scares very well, almost like Evil Dead. And I'm almost dead set on Walking Dead returning. Last time I want into the movie memorbilia shop, they were plugging The Walking Dead as far as the eye could see.

The Ripper looks like it would be good. If they give the same effort they gave for last years Walking Dead, this will be fantastic. I think it might lack in scares, however.

I doubt that! Here's a Jack the Ripper themed maze from Knott's Scary Farm back in 2012 which involved quite a lot of different scares.

I bet the maze locations will be Cannibal Clows - Scooby, Jack the Ripper - Show Stage & Evil Within + Final maze in the studios.

I would hate to see the walking dead return, they would be dumb to bring that back!

Jack the ripper maze needs to be in the studios I think show stage would be too small as last the hillbilly maze was only small and I think the cannibal clowns will be a big maze if the make up etc is like on the preview all the mazes over the years in Scooby have not been very elaborate ie actors costumes and theming more of a attempt to cut the bigger mazes queues

So why are tickets not available to general public yet. This year is the biggest budget moview world has used for fright nights I think they forgot about the marketing I allways find movie world lack on the advertising for fright nights half the people in QLD don't even know what it is