Movie World's Doomsday Tower?

jhunt2

Of course - where it's feasible. Parks around the world take many efforts to maintain the theme, and hide their 'backstage' areas from guests visiting at ground level. But to be asking for them to somehow hide a backstage area visible from a high point on a ride is much tougher.

It's just not reasonable to ask that - otherwise every theme park in the world with a free fall tower will need to build a wall similar to the one the luna park sydney residents want built around Hair Raiser...

In my view where it's unreasonable or not feasible for them to hide such areas from the view of a ride (where you can only see it for a few moments if you look in that direction, instead of the drop - which is where most would be focussed). We either need a wall similar to the scream shield built around every lift hill and drop (result: ruins the ride) or we need them to raise the backstage fence by the smoking area up there by about 100 feet...

The cost vs benefit of either of those moves makes it ridiculous to even suggest.

• 1 year later...
On 29 January 2015 at 4:45 PM, jhunt2 said:

Just a wee bit of speculation...

I recently visited Movie World, and during a ride on the Wild West Falls, could spot what appeared to be a backlot with spare/new parts for rides in between the building in the Western town area of the ride.

I didn't think quickly enough to snap a photo, but I definitely spotted green parts, purple parts and the Justice League emblem.

Thoughts?

The Doomsday Destroyer has arrived at Movie World, The main axle/motors 

image.jpeg