Share you experiences if you have been work in theme park!!

Ginni

@Ginni if you aren't already familiar with this site - you should get used to conversations going off topic. You've gotten your answers, but you won't stop offshoot conversations from happening.

2 hours ago, skeetafly said:

Blocking is a waste of time on this site.   If I block and you can read my post but your post are hidden from me.

Blocking only works for me if it stopped the person you blocked from reading your post.

I see. Well that confirms i've never done it. Oh well. I'm sure it will grow tired eventually. I guess every forum needs an RWC every once in a while.

8 minutes ago, AlexB said:

I see. Well that confirms i've never done it. Oh well. I'm sure it will grow tired eventually. I guess every forum needs an RWC every once in a while.

I did it once ages ago but it was a waste of time.  I blocked you just then to show how it really does not do much.  I guess it only would work if I wanted to block you from sending me nudist pics.  But I kind of like them.

Hopefully you'll find out soon - if you've submitted an application form and they asked you for an interview then at least it shows that they thought enough of you.

Mind you, I can't comment that much on how the job situation is in Australia as I'm in the UK. At the company I work at, we had some positions for seasonal manual labourer jobs a few years back and got over 300 applicants (including people who had just been made redundant as teachers, estate agents, even a doctor would you believe!), and with the open day we were having, we had to interview each and every one (I helped out by interviewing alongside other management staff - there were some really good applicants, but also some right idiots who were just there so the job centre wouldn't stop their benefits - if there's an interview then you have to try and get the job, or get no money, and they sent LOADS to us that day).

With that amount of applicants, we couldn't justify notifying each and every one that they didn't get the job, but that was a pretty specific and extreme scenario. With yours, I should imagine you would have been in the final 10 (maybe?), but they still may have other people to interview.

If you're finding out by post, then I'd imagine it'd be at least a week after your interview until you should start worrying. However, all the jobs I've gotten so far, I've found out by them phoning me.

2 hours ago, djmcbell said:

However, all the jobs I've gotten so far, I've found out by them phoning me.

VRTP used to phone new recruits, but have since changed their tact... they emailed me to offer me my part time position at Xmas last year, and to accept it I had to email them back. No phone calls involved. They then forwarded another email with all the necessary forms & information.

I then did my 2 hour WPHS course online with the login details they supplied me with via email.

I didn't actually have verbal/face-to-face interaction with them until a month later for my group orientation, and then another 2 weeks after that when I actually started! It was a very staggered process.

Dreamworld may very well be the same these days ?