Tiger Island Refurbishment - Dreamworld 2016

also MotoCoaster is down as well,

52 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

TOT closes in High Winds. With what's hitting the GC right now I wouldn't expect it to be open this weekend 

that could be pretty much be the reason, they were doing test runs earlier and now have stopped

edit: MotoCoaster is back open

Edited by The_Ninja_59

Looks like the walkway up towards the old Blue Lagoon area @Theme Park Girl The building on the left is the toilets on the backside of what was the Big Brother Cafe. This photo is looking towards Blue Lagoon. 
Last time I walked through there, there was a wooden gate a bit behind where this photo was taken. Ninja, was this gate open or did you do an Andrew?

24 minutes ago, Theme Park Girl said:

Um. Could you please elaborate more on that location as I don't recognise it from the photo alone ?

it's behind the Big Brother Cafe as what T-bone said, @T-bone I can assure you that I didn't do an Andrew as the gate to Car Park B was open, speaking about gates, someone was leaning on the gate of the construction site of Tiger Island and the gate swung backwards, no Andrews attempted to go in. Staff member at TOT2 knew it was an accident 

also... @The Original Belinda BrownI didn't know you and Kenny had a child! :P image.jpeg

On Saturday, 25 June 2016 at 11:33 AM, The_Ninja_59 said:

good news! TOT2 is back open and bad news it's currently broken down

ToT closed today and will be tomorrow as well. (Info courtesy of Senior Ride Staff)

Tower of Terror is closed due to a mechanical fault and not due to high winds as @Brad2912 suggested. Unfortunately the maintenance team don't even know what the issue is, so they've just been altering things (not sure what, but just going off what I was told) in an attempt to find and fix the problem. Personally, I don't think the ride will even operate (a full day) for the next week.

Oh and that sign was changed less than a week after @reanimated35 mentioned it on the boards here a few months ago; so, good job noticing it @The_Ninja_59! :P - and yeah, that fence has always been there. :)

As for today; SideWinder was closed until around 10:45; MotoCoaster had a few issues early in the morning, ToT II was closed all day, Wipeout had a few smaller issues and BuzzSaw has two seats not-operating. (10 people per cycle, one full queue row is a 30 minute wait) - Kai was not out for his walk, but Adira took his place, and Akasha walked from about 2:45 to about 3:10.

I know exactly what's wrong with ToTII. Water leaked into one of the engines during the massive downpour we had a few weeks ago and killed it. So they have been trying to get it repaired and back up to scratch again, which obviously they are struggling with. I feel for them, being school holidays and all. Not the best time to have one of your thrill rides not co-operating! 

24 minutes ago, ThemeTendo said:

Kai was not out for his walk, but Adira took his place, and Akasha walked from about 2:45 to about 3:10.

he did his walk yesterday, can't see why they wouldn't take him out today, (unless they do it every two days but being at Dreamworld in the last two weeks, he has being going on Sundays)  also the the tree on the bilboard is blending in very well with the tree at the pack in the first photo,image.jpegimage.jpeg

Edited by The_Ninja_59
the power of the extension time came really useful

21 hours ago, Theme Park Girl said:

I know exactly what's wrong with ToTII. Water leaked into one of the engines during the massive downpour we had a few weeks ago and killed it. So they have been trying to get it repaired and back up to scratch again, which obviously they are struggling with. I feel for them, being school holidays and all. Not the best time to have one of your thrill rides not co-operating!

Thanks for that, at least someone here has solid info! :P

21 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

How could you possibly know more than the 'Senior Ride Staff' TPG? That don't know what the problem is apparently!! Haha

Was just repeating what I was told.

21 hours ago, The_Ninja_59 said:

he did his walk yesterday, can't see why they wouldn't take him out today, (unless they do it every two days but being at Dreamworld in the last two weeks, he has being going on Sundays)

As far as I know he walks everyday, it was just a one-time thing where he had "other commitments." - I probably should've mentioned that in my original post! haha

update on Tiger Island credit to "Themeparks all in one" for the photoimage.jpeg

it's worth mentioning is TOT2 is back in operation now, finally got to ride for the first time in a month, 

does anyone what time is the Gold Rush show on? is it 11am and 2pm? 

Edited by Theme Park Ninja

just spoke to Patrick Martin Vegue about the new Tiger Island, really nice person to talk to by the way :) 

he said the refubishment is coming along very well and it's due to open before the School holidays, once Tiger Island reopen they have plans to have the five current tiger cubs have parts of the Tiger Presentation, 

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Oh and reanimated I haven't forgotten about your request :) 

Edited by Theme Park Ninja

just saw two teenagers doing an AndrewH once they got off Hot Wheels SideWinder, they jumped over a gate then soon as you know it they were running across this sectionimage.jpeg  just as I pulled out my phone to take a picture of what I just saw the twats were no where to be seen..