Wet 'n' Wild Sydney Construction

Guest lozzie

Thanks Captain Obvious. I understand why people don't post on here and just browse. People like to update those who won't get to see it in its building stages yet you need to post utter dribble in return. Please Captain Obvious, tell us more.

Yeah can people just stop with all the snarky comments. I've seen so many posts lately from people who clearly think they are some kind of big shot regular putting down rare or first time posters. I'm going to start deleting posts if the attitudes aren't pulled back a couple notches.

New construction update care of Julys:

Check out the racer from about 4:01. It's a true tangle of tubes, some with translucent sections. Impressive. Can't wait to see the rest of it!

Thank you GGB, you should see the photo's so awsome in particular areas as they are slowly forming like the lazy river? which has the concrete being layed out as well as the man made beach slowly getting its concrete foundation, and in other areas of the park foundations and foundations for all sorts of rides etc are slowly but surely forming buddy, no need for photo's on here if you have video's....

Edited by Julys Aquila

I like the different colours being used, and its a nice change having hills and twists at the start compared to the others where the hills are at the bottom. Always good to see some change instead of the same thing.

Definitely agree with you Alex,it is nice to have a change and what i'm thinking is their experimenting at the moment as they have alot of time to adjust and readjust, and it really is good to have a park that differs from the rest of the world

Experimenting? Watersides get made to order at the factory and go together in a numbered sequence....I don't think they'd have a box of waterslide segments and be playing around with colour combinations like lego.

That is true Gazza, made to order, what are the chances of ordering more than 1 piece of the same pieces with different colours, i'm just saying i was thinking that they might be experimenting, in saying that i thought i might go down there today to take a few special photo's just only for this forum (if you look closely at the pieces there might be a possibility they could be shuffled around) and by the photo's it looks like the racer is now affixed from top to bottom and what you see will now be presented as is... unless they change the colours around... :P .

post-29368-0-25136200-1369305174_thumb.j

post-29368-0-92429500-1369305210_thumb.j

post-29368-0-60386700-1369305470_thumb.j

It looks cool, I just wouldn't call it a racer. IMO if you want to race the most enjoyable is the good old aqua racer at gold coast. You want to see who you're racing.

Probably, just easy to call it a racer since: 1) We don't know its name; and 2) It resembles a racer, it just doesn't go straight down.

Probably, just easy to call it a racer since: 1) We don't know its name; and 2) It resembles a racer, it just doesn't go straight down.

I'm actually struggling to find exactly what model this slide is. Clearly, it's a type of racer. I'm thinking it's a combined Kraken/Octopus racer from Proslide? I can't seem to find any existing models of this type... they're either usually one or the other. So perhaps it's a 'world first'?

It's a Whizzard, you can tell by the style of starter tubs used (The entrance to the slide is actually at waist height so you just tip yourself forwards rather than having to land on your belly like on the BRO/Super 8.

It looks cool, I just wouldn't call it a racer. IMO if you want to race the most enjoyable is the good old aqua racer at gold coast. You want to see who you're racing.

I quite liked on Taumata Racer at Aquatica that they had a system that gave your time to the milisecond, so you could race, but there was also emphasis on being able to negotiate the enclosed section well and be quick in general.

I'm actually struggling to find exactly what model this slide is. Clearly, it's a type of racer. I'm thinking it's a combined Kraken/Octopus racer from Proslide? I can't seem to find any existing models of this type... they're either usually one or the other. So perhaps it's a 'world first'?

Hey mate i thought i might take a closer look at the above 2nd photo and just below the 8 racer (or whatever it's called) is a picture for it's description.... its called WHITE WATER 1- if that helps...

post-29368-0-36432000-1369383869_thumb.j

Thanks Julys. Are you able to get a closer pic of that sign? I'm interested to see the photos on it. It looks like the guys above were right - it is a WhiteWater West Whizzard, but with additional twists at the beginning. I like the fact that they are going with a mix of both WhiteWater AND Proslide products for this park. They both have some great products to offer

I like the fact that they are going with a mix of both WhiteWater AND Proslide products for this park. They both have some great products to offer

Kind of makes sense though when you think about it - it reduces the risk of there being construction delays when you're asking for 20 attractions to come out of the same factory at the same time... split the difference, devote half to each of them, the workload is less, and you can stagger their arrival to fit in with construction better too.

Went by today, i will upload the panorama later on. But the structure for a Boomerango is evident on the far side of the park (Home Base for Sydney locals). The large piles of posts near the road i'm unsure as to what they are, and no other ground work appears to have been made.

From left to right: Unknown poles, Crane, Boomerango structure, Lazy River, Fence.

post-2322-0-41111300-1369572885_thumb.jp

Edited by jjuttp

Damn, still at 3rd of May. Was hoping nearmap might have finally updated the area by now. Oh well. It's gotta happen eventually. I saw that this image was posted a few weeks ago and was hoping they might have updated by now. It's still good to be able to see the park from above and see a general layout coming together. Where the pipes are currently sitting, is that the front of the park/carpark?