All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Today
  3. You mean people don't visit the park for upcharge carnival games?!?!
  4. So this means once school holidays are over nothing will be open past Gotham. Showcase gone, Doomsday closed, Scooby Closed, Dodgems Closed and Wild West Down.
  5. I have also heard awhile ago that this is the last for the WB Studio Showcase concept.
  6. Nothing. I don’t think we’ll see it return as an exhibit anymore and it will return to being used for fright nights and maybe a future daily stage show
  7. I think he was talking about the WB100 anniversary? But as you are saying Village will only have around 10 years before it goes into the public domain, meaning that Dreamworld etc. can make their own Wizard of Oz land.
  8. They're about 15 years too early for that. But the copyright on the movie - including specific things that are only in the movie like ruby slippers - expires in 2035, 95 years after the film's release.
  9. both sides of Kansas Twister’s lift hills are now completed, meaning the construction for both coasters is now complete.
  10. Yesterday
  11. The tie-in movie comes out during the holidays of this year, and the live musical’s running in Brisbane a few months before. Yes, it’s an old IP, but it’s one that’s held the test of time, and is hopefully about to become more relevant again. The same can’t be said for a lot of past (or current, Flash…) themes.
  12. the movie is from 1939. Thought its an attraction for a 100 year anniversary
  13. This is what happens when you get the janitor to design the theming. Maybe MW believe the handrail will stop little Jonny telling us who he loves on the wall.
  14. In case you fall over from shock of how amazing the theming in the tunnel is?
  15. Last week
  16. I can confirm that Greg and most of the upper management in the park were very good leaders and some of them actually personally trained me when I worked for Movie World. Basically when Greg left, he took the good ones with him and left some of the others behind haha. I do remember one day when I was working, getting a bit of a shock when I looked up at the Superman control room to see Greg in the operators seat haha. And I know people that currently work for Dreamworld, and that same culture from what I have heard is very much alive in the park. Honestly from an employee standpoint, 2006 - 2014 really was some of the peak years for staff in regards to how they were treated.
  17. Only need to follow local journos and radio hosts on socials to see them out and about at SW Resort, TG etc - often with or tagging and thanking high ranking VTP employees. I'm sure they'll call it friendship, but its friendship that comes with perks and understanding. It's not illegal, its smart business if you want favourable media - but that doesn't mean DW deserve to be drilled regularly for not following suit.
  18. It's a reminder to all parks, not to put money first over people's safety. Not just DW. I wouldn't be making those allegations publicly, but I want to keep my house.
  19. It was unique, fun, memorable (at least when it did what it was supposed to in terms of height reach and speed) but it no way was its overall experience greater than that of Rivals or ST.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.