Waterslides a no-go?

Slick

Yeah, 5 dollars isn't much, but for a family of 4, thats 20 bucks for really only a cool down, as lets face it, the Water-park is only really good enough for a quick cool down, you wouldn't want to spend too much time in there.
That's right, what annoys me is that it is not included in the entry ticket which is already so expensive. BTW are many people actually paying for the water park or is it deserted? It wouldn't surprise me if the charge is eventually dropped, or the water park scrapped with in the next couple of years. Edited by cadboy

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Compare the two it is pretty even
OK ,Whatever ever you say ;) Even in amount of rides/attractions, not even in quality. San Diago: Same Amount of rides, better quality Sea world: Same amount of rides, not as good quality (exept Jet rescue) See the photos to prove it. Edited by Gazza
Please do not reupload photos from the galleries, just provide weblinks.

Yeah, 5 dollars isn't much, but for a family of 4, thats 20 bucks for really only a cool down, as lets face it, the Water-park is only really good enough for a quick cool down, you wouldn't want to spend too much time in there
Oh sure. I do agree with you. I wouldn't consider paying more than $5. Like I said, I don't think the additional cost is fair on top of the pretty high price people are paying. Would people here prefer a reburbished compact little water park or to use the space for a ride or two? Edited by Gold Coaster

Whitsy I don't know where you've come from or what your issue with SW is but your arguments are pretty childish. Fact is most people here like WVTP of DW for a reason! We didn't just decide to be that way, it was over the quality of the parks. Why position and views were well in place before I became employed by one of the parks! SW isn't meant to be a rides park, they are there to round off the guest experience, not be the star attraction. I've been to SW in Orlando and honestly they only have 2 decent rides, and that is a stretch calling Atlantis a decent ride. They have just added another coaster but IMO a giant flying coaster is not something we want at our seaworld. The water park as a water park is pretty poor, as a hotel pool it's pretty awesome. So I can see the logic behind the change. I am more inclined to think the token entry fee is more of a crowd control than a profit exercise. After all there is no way a guest costs them less than $5 in operating costs in using the water park. And as for upcharges, it's like what was previously said. Dreamworld continues to raise gate prices every year without actually adding anything to the park other than upcharges (with the exception of Mick Doohan). They substitute real investment with, quick money makers and that IMO cheapens the guest experience at the park.

geez some people retarded anyway who would wanna see some poor animal held captive in poor conditions? Not me pfft =s
And yet you said that the US SeaWorlds are good because they have a killer whale in captivity:
Take sea world in the US, has a good mix of ride’s and animal attraction . Plus a whale!

SW is one of the best theme parks around and I feel much better it is than that of the US version's. SW prides itself on censervation and its animal's. It's animals are there to promote conservation every exhibit, every show tells you the sad side of these animals and what humans are doing to them. Not only that their enclosures are so much better than the US, they are designed to be of natural habitat for the animal's, just look at Dolphin Cove, Polar Bear Shores, Shark Bay. They could have just built a tank, like the US, NO! I know for a fact their CEO John Menzies cares deeply about animals and just loves them, so I don't see him putting them in poor conditions and you only have to look at Trevor Long to know he wouldn't be working their if he wasn't!!! It really annoys when people go around saying things like that. Just like when the green's always protest about SW, but who do they first call when a marine animal is in danger? Look whatthey did to Pig the dugong, months later he was found nearly dead. Polar Bear shores has been rated one the best exhibits in the world, and its the reason we got Hudson and Nelson. Shark Bay - largest shark tank in the world and Dolphin Cove comes in close. Planet SOS enough said. And if you get bored with a full day at SW because there's not enough to do, then you must have a short attention span. Their animals you will probably never see in the wild, they are beautiful, they are just majestic and some have excellent characters. Go back to a exhibit three times a day, such as Polar Bear shores and there will be a different bear out and they are always doing something different. By the time you do all the rides, shows, exhibits re rides and re exhibits your days done. And as for the fact of SW being shut in ten years, its been there for what? Around 37 years now and its still going strong and survived through everything. I highly doubt it. SW is also not over-priced, the up keep of exhibits and shows and rides and look of the park is very expensive so its about what it should, in line with the rest of GC parks. So for what SW does, it does very, very well. It looks much better than what DW does. And as a word of advice, its never the best idea to call someone very high on the board a retard!!!

Edited by Original

Your only throwing out ****ing praise for the company because you work for ****ing them. geez some people retarded anyway who would wanna see some poor animal held captive in poor conditions? Not me pfft =s
Mate do you even read a post before you reply? I clearly stated that I felt that way BEFORE working for them. And if you bothered to do your homework you would see I have been more than vocal when I think criticism is needed for WVTP's own properties.

I am surprised no one has mentioned it but due Corkscrew and Pirate ship being under maintenance SW have opened the water park up to all guests free of charge. My sister was there on the weekend with a group and they all got in free, the only complaint made was that the water park was short staffed and operators where running back and forward from one attraction to another. Can anyone confirm this? Cheers,

Whitsy your name just doesnt make sense... you're not witty at all... in fact quiet the opposite. Are you reading post as to why we don't have many rides? But like you told everyone about the up-charge attractions, if u don't like them steer clear, well if you don't like Sea World steer clear and shut up! I don't think you realise how much effort and time staff put into that park (I'm not so much talking about operations staff). Sea World has done a great deal in the ways of marine conservation, you need to remember, Sea World isn't just an amusement park its a home for many scientists, ruscued animals and mammals and rehabilitation. Not ALL funding the park gets goes directly on new attractions for us to enjoy. You say this captivation is cruel, you wanting the park to cut funds for their more serious side to add stuff for you is just cruel and selfish.

Are you reading post as to why we don't have many rides? But like you told everyone about the up-charge attractions, if u don't like them steer clear, well if you don't like Sea World steer clear and shut up!
Without somone debating about somthing the topics would be very boring.
You say this captivation is cruel, you wanting the park to cut funds for their more serious side to add stuff for you is just cruel and selfish.
No, i think he is saying dreamworld and other parks like dreamworld or not comperible to sea world as sea world does not have as many (or good as quality rides) then a normal park in Australia. He also saying he thinks you get annoyed with dreamworld because they have a couple of upcharges. Im with him on that! Is this alright Whitsy?
Corkscrew and Pirate ship being under maintenance SW have opened the water park up to all guests free of charge
Thats good of them, Wondercam Yay, 50th post!!!! :DB) Edited by wondercam

No, i think he is saying dreamworld and other parks like dreamworld or not comperible to sea world as sea world does not have as many (or good as quality rides) then a normal park in Australia.
Yes we were the ones originally saying it DW cannot be compared to SW. And all the stuff about quality and quantity of rides as already been discussed above. Disagree if you want to.
He also saying he thinks you get annoyed with dreamworld because they have a couple of upcharges.
Again it has already been discussed. Verdict; it was a false accusation made by Whitsy that could not be backed up. BTW thanks for the translation :P

BTW thanks for the translation
Just showing my skills ;):P
Verdict; it was a false accusation made by Whitsy that could not be backed up.
Mabye he could not back it up but with some quotes from anthour topic i could back it up!
It certainly sounds like it will be another upcharge attraction and nothing exciting that's for sure. What are Dreamworld doing?
whats the bet we will see a bowling centre in dreamworld next
Another up charge, come on Dreamworld what are you thinking?
your Quote cadboy
Dreamworld to head back in the direction of a true theme park again
No more racing simulators! No more interactive sporting attractions! No more laser tag or bowling alleys!
I mean who would go to a theme park and pay around $100 to play Laser Tag? Knowing Dreamworld It wont be good.
You dont like upcharges

You dont like upcharges
But DjRappa already summed it up perfectly:
And as for upcharges, it's like what was previously said. Dreamworld continues to raise gate prices every year without actually adding anything to the park other than upcharges (with the exception of Mick Doohan). They substitute real investment with, quick money makers and that IMO cheapens the guest experience at the park.
Can't you see the difference? If DW were to open a new coaster and a new animal exhibit in the same year as an upcharge then nobody would care....As far us visitors are concerned there is plenty to justify their higher ticket prices. But this is not the case, we're paying more at the gate, but at the same time paying again to use the newest stuff, and the newest stuff isn't as good as a proper big ride. It doesn't help either that the last good ride at DW opened back in 2004. Edited by Gazza

OK what I meant by this

Verdict; it was a false accusation made by Whitsy that could not be backed up.
Is that he reckons we only get annoyed when DW add up charges which is not true. He made this statement:
I don’t get that if dream has a up-charge attraction, you ****ing bitch and moan, but when it’s someone else you don’t give a rat ass.
implying that we don't care when WVTP add them only when they go to DW. This is the statement that I meant could not be backed up and was untrue because in reality we do kick up a stink when any park adds an upcharge unjustifiably. Hope that makes sense Cheers,

I have to admit, that when i came back onto this forum after a long absence, i found alot, and i mean alot of negative topics about Dreamworld and every praise for the WVTP's. One example I would like to point out is the motorcoaster "issue". That ride is Intamin's first attempt at a launch coaster. Of course it is going to run into problems and yes, Jet Rescue is probably better but look at the years of development between the 2. It's like comparing the Cyclone to Superman (albeit slightly different). The fact is, when an updated model comes out it's going to be better. I admit that Motocoaster is a bit uncomfortable but hey, it was the first of it's kind in Australia. Was it not? I just think that Whitsy is like me and has seen that most of the site is negative towards Dreamworld and this has just made him snap because there isn't the usual 3 pages of "I can't believe [seaworld] is doing this" and "Where is [seaworld] heading with this upcharcge attraction?" that follow the news of guests spending more money to go into a Water Park that can only really be described as a play area, not really a park. So, I think, rather than being like school children and calling each other up on their username (mickey_079), we should be talking about new developments and how things in the park can be improved but not in the childish, nasty ways that it has been done in. That's just how i stand, and if i cop flak for it, so be it, but i know thats how i stand and i'll always be one to make sure there's a level playing ground. So if there's negative stuff coming out about Dreamworld you'll see me defending them, just like alot of people do the same for WVTP. - Out

I think you'll find MOST people are pretty fair with the two parks, it just seems Dreamworld has more to be negative about than the others. If you recall everyone was very excited when Motocoaster was announced, it wasn't until riding it that it just feel short of expectations. And I don't think most people had a problem with the coaster, it was it being marketed as a thrill ride that was the issue. I agree that to come on and read all the threads it probably sounds like we all hate dreamworld. Me personally, I'm quite the opposite. Most of my anger comes from remember what the place used to be like and constantly looking at it's unrealised potential. Don't get me wrong, I see a lot of things WVTP could do to make their parks exceptional, I'm just not a fan of starting topics to preach, and tend to stick to contributing to those of others.

I just think that Whitsy is like me and has seen that most of the site is negative towards Dreamworld and this has just made him snap because there isn't the usual 3 pages of "I can't believe [seaworld] is doing this" and "Where is [seaworld] heading with this upcharcge attraction?
If I can make a little observation, but I think it drew less of a response simply because a lot of people on Parkz are somewhat indifferent to Sea World...At the time of this post the DW forum had 524 Topics, the SW forum had 93.

OK what I meant by this Is that he reckons we only get annoyed when DW add up charges which is not true. He made this statement: implying that we don't care when WVTP add them only when they go to DW. This is the statement that I meant could not be backed up and was untrue because in reality we do kick up a stink when any park adds an upcharge unjustifiably. Hope that makes sense Cheers,
Ok, sorry my mistake cadboy, :) Wondercam