Fun 'n' Food set to hit the Gold Coast

The Gold Coast is expecting to welcome its 5th major theme park next year, when Fun 'n' Food opens, but like all new "major" theme park projects for the Gold Coast, this new one won't be competing with the current parks. The park is going to built by an Indian family who own a chain (Ok, 2 or 3 parks) in India. The major attraction of the park is expected to be an indoor snow skiing/boarding arena, as well as cultural displays, and a few 'amusement' style attractions. The family says they wish to invest in Australia, and noted a lack of terrorism as one of the reasons to build in Australia rather then the US. They also believe the Gold Coast has room for more theme parks, and predicts that it will become the theme park capital of the world in 20 years. (I honestly didn't that up). The park is to be set north of Dreamworld, and is also set to open within the next 2 years. Anyone else heard anything else or have any comments on this new project?

I read about that park just a few weeks ago. It seems good for the tourism industry in general, but nothing for thrill seekers to get excited about, unless you're like me, and a passionate skier. :) Also, in the future, it would be very handy if you register before posting, it'll give you more of an identity, rather than 'Guest'. :)

• 1 year later...

I was actually driving past it the other day and noticed that they have begun testing the Intamin Hyper. It's a massive structure and looks incredible from the road. I believe they are actually using people from the general public to test it out and guage their opinions of it. So further to what joz said, if any of you guys are planning to head out there to have a look you might aswell sign up for the hyper test ride while you're at it. They are apparantley finding it hard to get volunteers

• 10 months later...
im confussed, were all those rides at this park!!! Or are you talking somewhere else. Where abouts is it exactly?
It's funny when people don't actually read a thread, but skip to the parts they find interesting... :cool: Anyway, the answer to your question is yes. Even though the park didn't go ahead, all of those multi-million dollar rides were built and are still on the Gold Coast. Taronga, I'm not sure what actually happened in this case, but there are endless reasons as to why a park can't get the required approval.