matty_o's RCT2 & RCT3 Park Recreations

matty_o_911

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, it took ages for it to load with me and then everytime I tried to move the camera, it moved very unfluidly. I demolished some of the trees and it made a huge difference to it. Your video card could also do with an upgrade, ours has 128mb, which is the standard these days if I know anything. Just to let you know, we have a 3200+, 512 mb ram, and a 128 RAEDON 9600, and it eventually loads. And also, before you load it, go to the preferences, and adjust the visual settings so that everything is down on the lowest setting. Everything.

I will either later today or tomorrow post up the scenario editor file for those who wish to get rid of all the trees and make any other modifications which people think will help get the game running better. Also there you can change the financial aspects of the park to give you more money or whatever and change the operating hours so that you can see the park at night or something.

Attached is a few more screenshots of Cedar Point progress where much of the inverted coaster Raptor is in place. Construction on the recreation is moving slowly, (mainly due to the fact it is very hard to be motivated to do anything when it is so hot during the day), but it is getting there. I am also finding that I am putting a little bit more detail into this one in some respects than I did with Dreamworld, partly because I have so many photos of this Cedar Point, whereas with dreamworld I had to rely on my memory and cartoony maps, plus a few pics of the major parts of the park. But I am starting to get the feeling that I will be running out of room, and that some of the rides at the back will not fit in, but TTD should fit, and hopefully so should Millennium Force, which are the two rides that really matter and I can't wait to get finished. I have also uploaded the Dreamworld Scenario editor file so that people can fiddle with it in the hope to make it run faster. Just unzip it into the 'Start New Scenario' file inside the 'RCT3' file in My Documents. Hope it works.

• 2 weeks later...

For those that are interested, here are my most recent screenshots of my Cedar Point recreation in RollerCoaster Tycoon 3. And for those who haven't heard yet, it seems that a RCT3 expansion pack has been announced, as several online stores are already accepting preorders. It is called Cape Typhoon, which to me means that it will probably be centred around waterpark style rides and swimming pools and wave pools etc, and add some more water related theming to the game. It is due for release I believe in the US on June 21st.

Whats with the turn out of the Zero g roll, the whole thing should be straight and lead into the cobra roll. This is how you could do it: first bulid the zero g roll part all in a straight line, no curves, then do a couple of level straight sections out of the zero g roll, thendo the cobra roll the same as how you have done it, then out of the cobra roll do an upward section of track, then a right turn, then a left turn, then a helix up to the brakes.

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately I did not manage to get my recreation of Cedar Point completed before I move away tomorrow, so here is what I managed to get done. I would say it would be close to half completed. Note though that some of the things at the back of the park are not completed correctly, such as TTD, whose tower was in a temporary position. Anyway, this park can be opened in the scenario editor or in the custom scenarios menus. Just unzip this file into My Documents/RCT3/Start New Scenarios/. I hope you like what I managed to get done, and my apologies for not finishing it, as well as not finishing some of the other recreation projects I wanted to do, but hopefully in a few weeks I should be able to be playing the game again and be able to continue with creating recreations of some of the Australian parks.