Sign in to follow this  
steve$

Horror..........Experiences

29 posts in this topic

I'd like to know everybodies horrible ride experiences :( at either of the LUna Parks, it seems as though there is a lot of people on the site who have complaints to make. Queues or just general things

ive never been to melbournes but sydney was the best park with the big dipper and im pissed how people complained to stop operation of the ride. The queues at the moment are just too long for such a small park, and they need more rides to at least loosen the crowd through the front towards the back. Coney island needs air con becasue on weekends when it is busy, its just a nightmare and too hot.

Melbs Luna Park is Horrid. I'm sorry for those fans, but it's C###. Especially that Scenic Railway. If there was a guiness world record for the best maintained old ride, Scenic Rail wouldn't get it.

Sydneys Luna Park seems to be a lot more popular and well-known than it's melbourne counterpart. Melbournes Luna Park seems to have the very same carnival style rides as sydney though

i think melbourne luna park is a cheaper looking imitation of sydney's luna park. Sydney's looks more themed, classier, better at night has a better front entrance face and i think it has better rides as well.

Yeah, an imitation that opened 15 years before Sydney's park. Hands down Melbourne has the better "face", but once inside I really don't think there's much going for either. There's very few rides, even fewer good rides and almost no rides that are good if spinning's not your thing. I enjoyed myself much more at Melbourne's park. I spent a day easily at that park, yet struggled really to fill an empty afternoon at Sydney's. Though it certainly does look nicer, I think it lacks a lot of the things that made Melbourne's better to me in terms of atmosphere etc.

I agree with some of those points Richard. In terms of amusement parks and rides, both of those parks do not have a lot going for them, no matter what some fan boys might say. Sydney has even less than Melbourne. I find it funny that on their website on the Wild Mouse link it says 'More rides than ever' when in fact it should be 'Less rides than ever'. I love fun parks but even I wouldn't be tempted to fork over my hard earned cash to ride some of those old carnie rides at both parks. It surprises me how many people do though and seem to enjoy themselves. And how anyone can spend a full day at Sydney's Luna Park I don't know. On a reasonable day you could do all the rides in under an hour

At my birthday earlier this year, which was at LPS two of the people didnt like anything that span around in a circle so they didnt go on any of the rides(wild mouse wasnt open yet)

i think melbourne luna park is a cheaper looking imitation of sydney's luna park. Sydney's looks more themed, classier, better at night has a better front entrance face and i think it has better rides as well.
Luna Park isn't really supposed to be themed is it?

Not really. As people have said, it will not be themed to the extent of Dreamworld and that. It is themed in terms of lighting, music, backdrops and decorations, but that is really al you need. Now if you pay say $40 for entry to a THEME PARK, well then expect it to be themed more heavily than Luna Park Sydney, but that is different.

Well when I went on the Ranger at Sydney's Luna Park, the boat flinged straight over the top as soon as the ride started; no build up what-so-ever, we just went straight over! I was quite shocked, but it was supposed to happen; the staff member did it to shock us. So I'm complaining about the shocking staff members! (not really, he was a funny guy). The ranger is the best inverting ship I've been on apart from the the Hangover.

Ranger unlike Bounty's is controlled by the operator. That is they can swing it back and forth if they like or just swing the bastard over on the first go. The operators love scaring the crap out of people doing that. "The Bus is now leaving for Ranger Downs, Victoria"

Thats the awesome thing about the Huss rides, both Ranger and Rainbow can go right over. I love when wittingslow used to bring Rainbow to the top slowly, then nudge it over and apply the speed! SOO FUN!

Yeah Ranger is a cool ride,when you send them straight over they got no idea what hite them,although it does depend on the load,but yeah it is a kool ride to operate,Although you have to remember that you are controlling it.

or just swing the bastard over on the first go.   "The Bus is now leaving for Ranger Downs, Victoria"
The ride op did that on my first go too,but I prefer when it eventually swings to the top.

Nah it was cool. I love going upside down. But my friend talked herself into going on it, cause she'd never been on an inverting ride before; so she was petrified!!! i'd love to operate one though!