Documenting the parks history

Mickazee

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bus is a great authority on the operations at wonderland. but it doesnt mean he is always correct. I believe the original statement about demon is correct. it has charlied in the middle of the boomerang element.
I can support Bus in saying there has never been a Boomerang charlie on the Demon. Alex, if you investigate the situation further you will realise that in the event of a boomerang charlie, the park would literally go into lock-down and would require emergency services to be notified and placed on standby. Surely the exposure would land itself in the local media, alas with Space Probe's incident.

The cable snapped. All three cabins were dispatched and one of the cables snapped. The operator e-stopped the ride stopping it only a few meters off the ground, not above the roof. As a result of the cable snapping the bottom half whipped down hitting a girl in the face causing a laceration. "The Bus is now leaving for Open Cut Well, Western Australia"

From what I have heard it was Wonderland who terminated the Channel 7 sponsorship. When the Space Probe incident happened Wonderland asked 7 not to cover it but they did so Wonderland blew up and killed the contract. Since then the two companies have had a rocky relationship but towards the end several 7 network shows were filmed in the park (Great Outdoors, Sydney Weekender). "The Bus is now leaving for Block Seven Gorge, South Australia"

towards the end several 7 network shows were filmed in the park (Great Outdoors, Sydney Weekender)
And I guess the fact that the Wonderland advertising & promotions manager was married to Shelly Craft (CH7 host on those holidays shows and also host of the short lived come back of Perfect Match) helped smooth things out between them.

And I guess the fact that the Wonderland advertising & promotions manager was married to Shelly Craft (CH7 host on those holidays shows and also host of the short lived come back of Perfect Match) helped smooth things out between them.
Both of which are ex-Seaworld employees. "The Bus is now leaving for Bothwell, Queensland"

a few members are actuslly in posession of a souvenir book released in the park's first year of operation. this includes photos of construction of many things including paths, bush beast and the tooheys tall ship. Johno is one of those, and I think Wazza has one as well. Mickazee is working on getting copies of these put on www.----URL removed for non-compliance with Community Guidelines----.com so im sure it will be there as soon as it becomes available.

Hi! Yes, I do have the photos. I have scanned all of the photos from the souvenir book, I am sorry I have not uploaded them yet, I scanned them at a friend's house because I do not have a scanner. Everytime I go over there, I remember about burning them on to a disc but never get around to it. My friend has a cd burner but does not have the burning software on the computer at the moment. I will try to get them as soon as posible, sorry guys and girls!

Hi! Yes, I do have the photos. I have scanned all of the photos from the souvenir book, I am sorry I have not uploaded them yet, I scanned them at a friend's house because I do not have a scanner. Everytime I go over there, I remember about burning them on to a disc but never get around to it. My friend has a cd burner but does not have the burning software on the computer at the moment. I will try to get them as soon as posible, sorry guys and girls!
When you put the photos can you pm please??? Cheers Shaun

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question about the brakes on the Demon, or infact any roller coaster, if they fail and default to "closed" then wouldn't this cause the coaster to hit the brakes (i.e. the metal that hangs down below the carrages would hit the closed pads)? Although they might have a wider opening at the front to allow for this... Someone please correct me.

• 2 weeks later...