Overweight at Dreamworld/Movieworld

FleetwoodBigMac

Honestly. I think you are going to have an issue with a number of rides. If it's not a concern of getting a good seat lock, the secondary crotch belt/strap on a number of rides is going to cause you issues. Then you have rides like scooby doo which has very little leg room as it is, so it's going to make it hard for you to fit into the car and get the lap bar down with your knees sitting up closer to your chest. 

The new boats at west may be ok as there is some foot room in front of you under the seat, there is a test seat available to try. Likewise, road runner rollercoaster has more room in the seats now with the upgrade, but the cars are quite shallow and the T shaped lap bars don't provide a lot of space for thighs/knees. 

Storm coaster at sea world has a fairly simple lap bar, but they had additional seatbelts now which need to latch.  

Vortex is an over the shoulder restraint which physically gives you a little more leg room, but again, it has a secondary crotch belt that needs to do up. So if you are bigger in the chest or stomach, it can run out of belt length even if the harness locks. 

Jet rescue has a different style of lap restraint, it's really going to depend on how big your thighs are fitting under the bar given you have foot positions. 

Edited by Levithian

^what he said. 

I packed it on over COVID, and started having issues in the mid-130s. (It was a good kick in the ass to do something about it). 

Try the test seats if they have them. Don't be afraid to give it a go. Most operators will do everything they safely can to get you to ride and experience has taught them a few tricks to try to get you to fit. Understand though that if an operator says you can't ride - don't give them a hard time - they're keeping you safe. (Not saying you would but the number of people i've seen abuse ride ops because they don't meet rider requirements is ghastly).

Also don't judge similar rides the same. At my worst, Rivals was a struggle but possible, and on the same day, Taipan was effortless.

I'm roughly your height and used to be around 140kg, at that weight there were definitely rides that were a no go for me. Based on past experience, some observations:

- Jet Rescue and Scooby really depend on how big your thighs are, less so the midsection. Back row of Scooby has a little more room. Motocoaster is similar, seems to be ok as long as the restraint can hit the lock position over your legs.

- Green Lantern and Gold Coaster have quite generous restraints and should be fine. Storm Coaster and Shockwave might also be alright. Even at my heaviest I could ride Wild West Falls though that was with the old boats.

- Pandamonium, TailSpin, Batwing, Tower of Terror, Superman and Madagascar all come down on your midsection and aren't always friendly to bigger riders. Of these TailSpin is probably the loosest fit.

- The Claw is tight even for average-sized people.

Being on the shorter side can make it easier to fit, slide back in the seat as far as possible and cross your legs if need be. Wear "stretchy" pants and empty your pockets, this will help.

Fortunately all of the parks have things to see and do outside of the rides so you can still have a great day regardless. Enjoy your trip!

• 8 months later...

I was 120kg when I went to dream world 2 year ago I couldn’t go on the claw , mega drop and motorbike ride but could go the gold coast coaster i also went to movie world and I could go on dc roller coaster no issue . I am going back this year and unsure if I can go on SeaWorld Leviathan I am now 135kg sadly reason why is because of health problems I have put on the weight I also have big shoulders because I am tall 190cm .