Sign in to follow this  
HussRainbow

Huss Rainbow Video

21 posts in this topic

Just for anyone interested, made a 5min video of footage I took at the 2004 Easter Show, sorry for the quality, but its 5meg, and still pretty good. No bashing please, I made of people who wanna see it, not tell me how bad the ride is. Rainbow Video Enjoy Chris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mmm yes, very nice. A little question, why do you say huss Rainbow, when I'm pretty sure everyone here, and any person who has some idea about rides would know that the video is obviously of the famous Rainbow made by Huss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

QUESTION: For anyone that has been on the rainbow, on a scale of 1-10 how does it rate? Its just that its not the most exciting thing to watch, so im hoping that its better to actually be on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, it looks cool, it's smooth, it sometimes gives an exiciting ride, sometimes, and it gives good 'airtime' up the top. But your right, it isn't that exciting to watch or ride. It's more of a ride that you ride before going on the more extreme ones. Probably.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First of all, yes steve that is all my footage. The ride pretty much varies in excitement by the way it runs. If its run fast, and creative, then it gives a good ride. I did notice the O'Neills operator not having too much fun with it, just the basic side to side over the top motions, none the less for me I give it a 9 or 10, because its just a fun ride, its massive, impressive and unbeatable smoothness, which is typical Huss. The ride does have the simple lap bars, which is great. You really notice the difference with Ali Baba, because you get no air time what so ever on it. Still a classic, and im glad it's in Australia, with another model on its way down under shortly. Chris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The ride pretty much varies in excitement by the way it runs. If its run fast, and creative, then it gives a good ride. I did notice the O'Neills operator not having too much fun with it, just the basic side to side over the top motions,Chris
Basic side to side and over the top motions?? Huss mate thats all it ever does!! :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No dude, belive me, wittingslow used to give awesome ride, of course it goes side to side, but wittingslow would do good things, stopping it at the top, bringing it up and over with the first go. Also Joz, O'Neill Shows, bought Rainbow from Wittingslow, but it is rumored at the moment, that a brissie showman has purchased one from the UK, and is set to arrive in qld on the 21st for major refurb. Don't ask me why O'Neills dont travel it, because its a real shame to know that it sits there for most of the year, and gets used for the easter show, and maybe a christmas carnival. Im really not happy, so I hope this new rainbow is Indeed coming to oz!, but its just like Zipper, why do we have soo many, good to have, but 5 is like enough!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Rainbow is smooth, yeah. But that don't make it great. Look at the Zipper compared to Chaos. Everyone that rides the Zipper comments that it is rough, yet it is still rated a lot higher than it's smoother cousin ride, Chaos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, but since Sydney doesnt get the ALI BABA anymore, you can really tell the different between the two, its better on rainbow, have a nice hydrolically smooth ride, with good air time points, rather than a shakey machine, that gives no airtime, and at full speed shakes at the top. The zipper is rated soo much higher because of its reputation, it was a ride that changed the industry, and since its debut in the 60's still a pleaser, ill decide next week, if its uncomfortable! Yes, but Chaos isnt exactly like it, only the rotating cars are similar, but Zipper has proved more successful than chaos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Huss mate i think its very clear from what you say that you are completely biased. If you find yourself attacked so much on this site maybe you could consider this and realize its the reason your comments dont get much credibility. Smoothness is just one of many things that make a ride good AND smoothness and a good ride DONT always go hand in hand. (with the exception of coasters maybe) Some of the best rides i have been on are the ones that feel like your gunna die on them! Take the zipper or turbo for example... The sense of danger is a key element (of many) that make a ride thrilling! Smoothness would not be key for most people... Zipper is rated as good because it is good, not because of reputation. The reason your beloved rainbow is probably attacked so much it probably cos by comparision its rather thrill-less. But hey im not having a go at you, im just stating fact. Read the comments of other users in this thread to find that out. But hey having never been on it myself i wont give a personal oppinion for the simple fact that i wont argue out of ingnorance. For the fact that your such a die-hard fan of this ride i give you credit, but perhaps you should consider that most people dont hold to your ideals about this ride and back off a little....just a thought

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I was just saying, rides like Rainbow aren't fun when they are shakey, it just makes for an annoying ride, and I have said it time and time again, of course it is not classified as a THRILLING ride, even if it was released 2 years ago say, it wouldnt be thrilling, its just a good family ride, that A.R.Ms Ali Baba/1001 Nights fails to meet the standards of. I find Hard Rock more thrilling and exciting, and I find Rainbow, a fun, relaxing ride, where you can go on to get "pumped" for the thrillers. Zipper is highly based on scare factor, and I can't wait to ride it this tuesday!, 60% of me is sh!t scared, and the other 40% is totally pumped and excited to ride it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
60% of me is sh!t scared, and the other 40% is totally pumped and excited to ride it!
I was thinking of going on the Zipper at this years Ekka but you may have changed my mind. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Parkz Crew

    Support Parkz... join the Crew for:

    • Ad-banner free viewing
    • Parkz Crew profile badge
    • Extended editing
    • See who's liked your posts
    • Purchase discounts

    Join Now from $20/yr

  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.