Leviathan - Operations and Soft Opening Complaints

Tricoart

2 minutes ago, New display name said:

If they believed that why were they all sitting in the control booth if they weren't needed?

The two aren’t mutually exclusive. Pretty stabdard to have reps at opening. 

Are you suggesting they didn’t think it was ready but opened it anyway?

Just now, rappa said:

The two aren’t mutually exclusive. Pretty stabdard to have reps at opening. 

Are you suggesting they didn’t think it was ready but opened it anyway?

I'm suggesting it is common to have problems and they stick around to sort them out.  This is why you have a soft opening.

6 minutes ago, Dean Barnett said:

These people still aren't going to the park expecting the new ride to be open. 

Yeah, you're getting very close to understanding point:

There may be a few people whose visit was motivated by riding a new ride (who it should be pointed out, did get to ride), but EVEN if you didn't visit with that expectations, once you see the ride open, and your queueing, the original motivation for your visit is out the window. To them, it's just 'open', no A frames will make it ok to queueing and not ride.

Edited by joz

8 minutes ago, joz said:

And there it is, you're going for personal attacks and baseless assumptions. Maybe you should slow down posting a little bit

Mate, it's a joke. If we're talking about 'personal attacks' now, though, I seem to remember a now-deleted post where a certain someone said that 'common sense' is a rare thing in this thread. Back to the topic at hand:

There may be a few people whose visit was motivated by riding a new ride (who it should be pointed out, did get to ride)

They tried, but some didn't. And, if the operating issues don't fix soon, that number will get exponentially higher. And it could've been much less if they had a later opening w/ a soft-opening period beforehand. Hence, the topic.

Edited by Tricoart

3 minutes ago, joz said:

Yeah, you're getting very close to understanding point:

There may be a few people whose visit was motivated by riding a new ride (who it should be pointed out, did get to ride), but EVEN if you didn't visit with that expectations, once you see the ride open, and your queueing, the original motivation for your visit is out the window. To them, it's just 'open', no A frames will make it ok to queueing and not ride.

So the better option is to have a botched opening?

But you only soft open until you believe the ride to be ready. 
So all of this it should have been soft open talk is moot (not in hindsight but that’s not reality) because even if it did, it would only have been to the same point as before last Friday so you’d have the same issue. 

Again, unfortunate yes, incompetent no. 
But if anyone on here wants to believe they know better than the people who do that for a job you’re entitled to your opinion. 

5 minutes ago, Dean Barnett said:

So the better option is to have a botched opening?

I mean it hot big media coverage, a lot of haply guests and will drive Christmas visitation… doesn’t sound so botched to me. 

2 minutes ago, Tricoart said:

it's just going to continue to be this circle of us saying the same stuff, then yeah, nah.

Good enough for me! Have a wonderful day everyone (like not even being sarcastic, ACTUALLY have a good day. Locking this thread is my gift for you so you can go out and enjoy the sunshine) 😊

Edited by joz
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• joz locked this topic