TNT/Project Zero - Reviews & Reactions

TBoy

4 hours ago, TBoy said:

Or maybe that could be the normal cycle? @Noll_57 did Project Zero have two backward drops or was it just like Buzzsaw?

if you look at the video, the noise for the breaks goes off as the ride is shooting back up the tower again however it falls back again then catches itself, im thinking something went wrong.

10 hours ago, Rivals said:

if you look at the video, the noise for the breaks goes off as the ride is shooting back up the tower again however it falls back again then catches itself, im thinking something went wrong.

The ride runs the original cycle from Buzzsaw, something must have gone wrong in that video. 

This "new" ride cycle, is a safety feature working as designed. The ride has been programmed to run the original 1 loop cycle that was on Buzzsaw. But after the relocation and refurb of the trains, the ride seems to be running faster than usual; and thus it's entering the vertical brake run too fast for the brakes/computer to successfully catch it on the first go. So the brakes don't engage, giving the extra swing back and forth (killing speed) so it can successfully 'catch' the train at a slower speed.

I've gotten this cycle multiple times now, and I think it really adds to the overall ride experience. A lot of fun!

Edited by Luke
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, Luke said:

This "new" ride cycle, is a safety feature working as designed. The ride has been programmed to run the original 1 loop cycle that was on Buzzsaw. But after the relocation and refurb of the trains, the ride seems to be running faster than usual; and thus it's entering the vertical brake run too fast for the brakes/computer to successfully catch it on the first go

I hope this feature stays, it makes it so you don’t know if you will have one or two backward drops. 

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone: In late January I went to Gumbuya World to experience the new roller coasters, and here is what I think of them:

TNT (Vekoma 453m Suspended Family Coaster)

Firstly, the ride me and my sister went on at the start of the day was TNT. I must say the theming is very nice on the coaster’s queue, and the fact that the queue goes under the track gives me Road Runner Rollercoaster at Movie World vibes TBH. We did have fast pass, but decided to use them later so we got in the regular queue line.

I would say we waited for around 30minutes to get on, as it is the most popular dry ride at the park (waterslides are the most popular however). But when we did get on we got to row 10 (the back row) and what I can say is the back is the most intense. You get more force sitting at the back so it feels more intense. It goes fast the whole way through and is a great family coaster that you will love at Movie World. I later got row 1 and 7 but I do think 10 is most intense as I said. I will give it an 8/10.

Project Zero (Maurer 150m Skyloop)

The next ride on our list was the most thrilling coaster, Project Zero. It is a hand-me-down from Dreamworld, which is good for the park as it isn’t that old and gives the park another thrill ride. The theming is also good, but however not to the TNT standard. Me and my sister decided to use the fast pass this time, and luckily due to that it was a walk-on. It actually has some queues unlike at Dreamworld in the normal line.

When we did get on it was a great coaster. I feel like the front is the best of the coaster, as you feel the wind flowing through your face and you also go higher when going up, going upside down unlike the other seats of the train. It actually didn’t feel as bad as it looks. It is a great thrill ride for the park and I give it an 8.5/10.

So they are my reviews of the new coasters. They are great additions for the park and Victorian parks in general, as apart from Scenic Railway all our other coasters are SBF Visa tiny coasters that could be seen at carnivals. I am glad to see parks outside of the GC invest in new coasters.

P.S Didn’t know where to put this, but according to YouTube there is new audio that wasn’t there when I went on the chairlift of TNT. It goes like this (note: can’t see what the first part of the voiceover is)

Person 2: Yep, just like it’s written here! 500 kgs of nitro, or does that say 500 grams? The writings are a bit scrappy.

Person 1: Ahhh, she’ll be alright. 
(TNT noises start going off)

Person 1: She’s gonna blow! Run for cover!

The coaster then starts the drop and goes like normal.

1 minute ago, Rivals said:

didn’t know where else to post this but the Tunnel for TNT is now filled with smoke, is this new or can i just not remember this being the case?

Must have been new with the voiceovers on the lift hill, wasn’t there either when I was there on January 21. Good improvements none-the-less.

On 24/02/2023 at 11:27 PM, Rivals said:

didn’t know where else to post this but the Tunnel for TNT is now filled with smoke, is this new or can i just not remember this being the case?

EF83CFBE-9F8C-4CA0-8D44-6E2E9DC17722.thumb.jpeg.356fa9945aebca5fc097a3857078bf0d.jpeg

source: Gumbuya World Instagram Story

Definitely new, as is the audio track on the lift hill and in the station. Great to see the park continue to add and improve the theming after the official coaster opening!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Dalesh said:

The smoke is definitely new, the machine was installed last week (it was late arriving and missed the opening)

Late arriving/late being ordered… Potato/Potarto 😛

Glad to see this BEAST of machine made it onto the ride after being specified, thats a great effect. 
Are the lights in the tunnel now too?