Green Lantern vs. Project Zero

TBoy

Green Lantern vs. Project Zero  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one of the options, and the one with the most votes will win.

• Green Lantern (Movie World)
    • Project Zero (Gumbuya World)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/03/23 at 01:00 PM

17 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

Such a random observation 

Since we're doing this random observations; I HATED Buzzsaw as a name/theme. It was too modern a theme/tool for Gold Rush Country, and it doesn't the ride doesn't invoke a buzzsaw even in any kind of abstract way. Zero out of ten.

Project Zero's presentation is miles above Buzzsaw. It's still a whatever ride, but it's much better in the context of Gumbuya than it ever was at DW. Still, GL all the way.

Last week GL probably would have had my vote. Went to Gumbuya this past weekend to see Project Zero looking fresh, running better than Buzzsaw did, and doing its job as the headline thrill attraction. What was a fairly unloved attraction at Dreamworld has become an absolute crowd pleaser and an excellent addition to the park.

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1

The shoehorned horror theming didn’t much fit the land every day of the year either. It was inventive, sure, but unlike spooky themed attractions in places such as Alton Towers or Thorpe Park, Buzzsaw was very much a sore thumb. 

Not to mention having an attraction themed after ghosts in such a close proximity to River Rapids..

Have yet to ride at buzzsaws new location, but it wasn't great when it was at dreamworld. Was pretty smooth when new but its a one and done ride and you could see that in the later years when it had a nasty shuffle and I wasn't keen to ride it more than once a visit.

Say what you want about how poorly Lantern has served MW but it's a really solid and fun ride. If only it was presented properly beyond some 2D cutouts and some comic art in an open shed.

Edited by Baconjack

9 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

That’s a shame. When it first opened at DW and they were doing two it made the ride experience much better, and the wait worth it. Shame they haven’t taken advantage of that. 

Fun fact! The very last public guest cycle at Dreamworld was on this mode.

I agree its even better.

13 minutes ago, Park Addict 93 said:

I agree its even better.

My guess why most parks don't do it is because it will slow down capacity/riders per hour. Because it only can run one train the capacity is already not that good and having it be a double cycle will make it even worse.

53 minutes ago, TBoy said:

My guess why most parks don't do it is because it will slow down capacity/riders per hour. Because it only can run one train the capacity is already not that good and having it be a double cycle will make it even worse.

Have to agree that this is a major factor as to why they dont, although in my opinion Dreamworld really should have considering its lack of popularity/line.

Doesnt make sense to launch with it at Gumbuya though with the reported popularity.

1 hour ago, TBoy said:

It was a guest satisfaction/safety thing. Many guests initially complained when the ride did a double cycle, thinking either something was wrong or hated it because it was too much/not what they expected. It was eventually codified into the procedures, which meant there were pretty major ramifications if someone caught you breaking said procedures.

Edited by Slick

49 minutes ago, Slick said:

It was a guest satisfaction/safety thing. Many guests initially complained when the ride did a double cycle, thinking either something was wrong or hated it because it was too much/not what they expected. It was eventually codified into the procedures, which meant there were pretty major ramifications if someone caught you breaking said procedures.

I find that very interesting. You would have thought that having a double cycle would improve guest satisfaction for the ride not deacrease it! Giving people a longer ride normally means that customers see batter bang for buck and perhaps an improved perception of Buzzsaw. I wonder if they enacted 2 cycle operations at Gumbuya would the satsifaction ratings and perceptions stay the same? 

On 28/02/2023 at 3:20 AM, aaronm said:

Last week GL probably would have had my vote. Went to Gumbuya this past weekend to see Project Zero looking fresh, running better than Buzzsaw did, and doing its job as the headline thrill attraction. What was a fairly unloved attraction at Dreamworld has become an absolute crowd pleaser and an excellent addition to the park.

You're spot on with this. Project Zero is a solid attraction.

I still think GL is better, but the margin is much smaller than you might think.

• Like 2