7NEWS Report: Leviathan Safety Checks

TBoy

Thought this would be interesting. 7NEWS did a report tonight how Sea World does their safety checks on Leviathan.

https://www.facebook.com/7NEWSBrisbane/videos/161828793507319

Some information to unpack there:

• Leviathan is the most high tech ride at the park
  • Daily track inspections take around 5 hours and start from dawn
  • Processes “are similar to what you would see in the aviation industry”
  • 3 cycles are done to check speed etc.
  • The data from the tests are sent to the engineers to determine if the ride is safe
  • Like 2

Good to see the news cover something like this.
DW should definitely look into doing this. The accident definitely is still spoken about. It comes up every time I talk about the parks with relatives. 

Edited by REGIE

1 hour ago, REGIE said:

Good to see the news cover something like this

You mean good to see VTP paying 7 news for a fully planned and scripted segment on prime tv and socials. I’d call it a fluff piece to attempt to dim any negativity in the market surrounding off-peak ride closures and maintenance blow outs 

1 hour ago, REGIE said:

It comes up every time I talk about the parks with relatives

Suggest you tell your relatives to move on. There’s been a global pandemic, a war and a worldwide economic shitshow since then

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

You mean good to see VTP paying 7 news for a fully planned and scripted segment on prime tv and socials. I’d call it a fluff piece to attempt to dim any negativity in the market surrounding off-peak ride closures and maintenance blow outs 

Suggest you tell your relatives to move on. There’s been a global pandemic, a war and a worldwide economic shitshow since then

You don't even always have to pay.  Last year when I sold my home, the news did a feature on my house because my real-estate agent knows somebody who works for the news, and they are always looking for fill content.

21 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Suggest you tell your relatives to move on.

Trust me I have .

21 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Yeah.  Good move to try and lighten people’s worries about ride stoppages and get more people comfortable coming to your park. 
I must say though I didn’t realise you had to pay.