Track has arrived at Movie World!

Adam

According to Ian's description (above), there is more to the layout. The elements in bold haven't been added to Matt's RCT3 version.

*Inside section to include a earthquake *Launch *Top Hat *boomer helix *camel hump *inside over bank hill *camel hump *boomer helix *into brake run.
But what is meant by an inside overbank?
I think it means an overbank that is indoors.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'll have some time tomorrow morning probably to try and add some more to the ride and predict the rest of the layout based upon the supports that are up as well as the footers, but still from looking at the pictures I haven't figured it out exactly especially since I don't know where the station will be. But nevertheless, from test riding this section in RCT3 it seems like it will be a really fun coaster.

I'll have some time tomorrow morning probably to try and add some more to the ride and predict the rest of the layout based upon the supports that are up as well as the footers, but still from looking at the pictures I haven't figured it out exactly especially since I don't know where the station will be.  But nevertheless, from test riding this section in RCT3 it seems like it will be a really fun coaster.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why doesn't someone do a replication in No Limits? (based on what we know of the layout so far). I'll have a go at it but wouldn't mind anyone else who has the program to have a go.

Here is a quick thing I did this morning in RCT3 which is most likely not the correct layout but is one which I tried to fit as closely with the locations of footers/supports that I have seen. And do remember this is RCT3 and doesn't give a huge variety of track pieces so this is the best I could do with this certain type of coaster in the game (hence why the top hat isn't verticle). EDIT: I have added a zipped file of the sandbox that this ride was made in. The coaster type is from the original game so it should run - although since there is a Soaked expansion pack coaster used in that sandbox park too it might not load properly but I'm not too sure.

post-234-1125632676_thumb.jpg

superman.zip

Edited by matty_o_911

Hi All, was on my friends car website tonight he was at a car meet and has some photos.. Im yet to ask him but it looks like he was at movie world because check out the completed top hat of the escape in the background on some of the photos http://www.qldstreetcar.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=10793

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Looks alot like the Warner Bros. Movie World to me.

The height of the top hat is approx 42m high, with the first hump being 30m and the second hump will be 20-25m high. The helix in the building looks to cross over the top of the launch inside the building. Will just have to wait and see what happens with the rest of the outside track. Hope this helps with some of the questions...

Edited by thunder001

Thanks guys! Paul, only the turn (which is a whole lot more banked than in my RCT3 version) after the first bunny hill is complete so far, the rest of the layout is going by what rabid said it would be on TPR. LunaParkFanatic, press Shift + Ctrl + F11 to record videos ingame. It's heaps slow though, that onride took about 20 mins to record. The video will be saved as a wmv to your RCT3 folder in My Videos.

According to Ian's description (above), there is more to the layout. The elements in bold haven't been added to Matt's RCT3 version. I think it means an overbank that is indoors.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guys, do we know if this is the exact layout for sure? I'm constucting it on No Limits and want to make sure thats it's exact.

The video and the pics are great, fantastic even. I really can't wait for this coaster. Am also looking forward to seeing what Dreamworld will do to match it. But that's for another time. I was on the train today (in Brisbane) and noticed that at one of the stations (not sure which one) there was a MASSIVE billboard advertising Superman: Escape. There is also A3 size advertising at central station and there was another A3 size ad ON the train where they have the trainline maps etc. All three ads have been the same though. Can't wait for the hype the park creates prior to the ride opening in December, because, for once we can be sure the ride will live up to it!!!

NatDog - wow! Looks brilliant. Good to see you remembered to include the angled brake run too :) Try using Fraps to record a video. Any word on the trains yet? I'm really hoping that we don't get the OSTR treatment - it just wouldn't make sense. The ride's built for air and the experience would be killed if we did get them. Surely WBMW had some input on the train's restraints, or are Intamin no longer using their (awesome) lap bars? :(

Any word on the trains yet? I'm really hoping that we don't get the OSTR treatment - it just wouldn't make sense. The ride's built for air and the experience would be killed if we did get them. Surely WBMW had some input on the train's restraints, or are Intamin no longer using their (awesome) lap bars? :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I bet they will since Rita had them.

I was on the train today (in Brisbane) and noticed that at one of the stations (not sure which one) there was a MASSIVE billboard advertising Superman: Escape.
I have also seen a lot of advertisements along the Caboolture train line. They've all said something like Superman: Escape, more powerful than a locomotive.

NatDog - wow! Looks brilliant. Good to see you remembered to include the angled brake run too :) Try using Fraps to record a video. Any word on the trains yet? I'm really hoping that we don't get the OSTR treatment - it just wouldn't make sense. The ride's built for air and the experience would be killed if we did get them. Surely WBMW had some input on the train's restraints, or are Intamin no longer using their (awesome) lap bars? :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Heya Liam, I've used Fraps to record video: web.aanet.com.au/natdog Edited by NatDog