Macquarie Leisure announces 'Citywalk on Coomera'

Richard

It doesnt really matter if all the major chains are in the area. I know of A Safeway which is in line of sight down the road from another one, and its not far either, like only a block away. So i dont really think it will be a problem. And anyway, is there a Pick'n'Pay or a Big W in the area? Or what about a Myer. Plus they can always build plenty of specialty shops, and I imagine a fast food restaurant would do well there. people could grab some brekky from one in the morning after getting off the train, and then get tea after the park closes. But just a question, Is Coomera on the left side or the right side of the freeway in the supermarket photo?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Coomera is on the left and Upper Coomera is on the right. There is one problem with having major fast food chains in the shopping centre. Dreamworld earns a profit on food sales and if there are fast food outlets just outside, many people will get a pass out and eat there.

But on the topic of City Walk, what does everyone think of the architectural style shown in the concept art? Personally I dont like the retro look that they are going for much. I would have liked it more if it were in more of a modern style, like QV im Melbourne, which is actually a good example to follow since it combines restaurants and shopping with tourist attractions.

Paintball is done, its down near MovieWorld Wooden rollercoasters are stupid Dreamworld has plenty of land and if they build this shopping centre, they get more profit = more and better rides. Eventually the old rides will be replaced by new ones, rollercoasters will be built over the shopping centre, there will be a monorail to the train station and the island in the middle of the Murrusippi River will become a massive themed area. And thats without using the excess land shown on my original map.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There's nothing wrong with a decent woodie & they are very popular in American parks. As for the rest of what you said YOUR dreaming it'll never happen (or perhaps it will: in another 20 odd YEARS from now). :wacko: Edited by taronga